2015 time trail calandar, near Sydney

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

2015 time trail calandar, near Sydney

Postby mikesbytes » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:43 pm

Putting together a list of Time Trails in 2015, perferably near Sydney on my club forum, such as ATTA at Calga.

http://www.dhbc.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4707

Anyone think of any I've missed? What about other clubs, that let non club members compete
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: 2015 time trail calandar, near Sydney

Postby mikesbytes » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:17 pm

Nuff'n

Must be club ones somewhere in NSW

FiveDaysAWeek

Postby FiveDaysAWeek » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:25 am

NSW Masters Road Championships are on in Griffith 23rd to 25th May. I think the Monday is an individual time trial.

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:58 am

You've found an enormous gaping hole in the Sydney racing calendar Mike. :idea:

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:59 pm

FiveDaysAWeek wrote:NSW Masters Road Championships are on in Griffith 23rd to 25th May. I think the Monday is an individual time trial.
Where does it say that? I can't find it in CNSW or Griffith Cycling club.

CNSW has an event called Masters Individual Time Trial Championships on Sept 26 with no further info and its not the track one, that's elsewhere
Xplora wrote:You've found an enormous gaping hole in the Sydney racing calendar Mike. :idea:
Interesting isn't it. I did the MCCC one a few years back and it was well attended. It seems to me that there's a few clubs that could probably host one.

Some of the clubs use ATTA at Calga for there club champs.

I've got a post on a Tri forum and had no response and I've PM's one of the Canberra riders on this forum, they have 2 codes of cycling there. I've checked CACT, Canberra Cycling Club and the calendars are not populated

KGB

Postby KGB » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:17 pm

I've never seen anything on the cact calendar.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:47 pm

KGB wrote:I've never seen anything on the cact calendar.
Sounds like they don't do events, or are they using CNSW calendar?

Canberra Cycling Club has a time trail filter on their calendar, so just maybe they do them. Know any club members?

KGB

Postby KGB » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:27 am

I was interested in racing the ACT masters championships last year and couldn't see anything on their website. A few weeks later the home page was plastered with results. Their calendar has to be somewhere, might be worth an email.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:27 pm

KGB wrote:I was interested in racing the ACT masters championships last year and couldn't see anything on their website. A few weeks later the home page was plastered with results. Their calendar has to be somewhere, might be worth an email.
I've texted an ACT rider about that. Sounds interesting. And as they have fixed their velodrome perhaps there will be a track champs too.

There's stuff out there at the club level but its a needle in a haystack

Balana Masters Cycle Club Individual Handicap http://ballinamasterscycle.com.au/event ... icap-race/

Orana Veterans Cycle Club http://oranavets.org.au/2014-winter-races/ there's results for a 16k time trail

ft_critical

Postby ft_critical » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:23 pm

FiveDaysAWeek wrote:NSW Masters Road Championships are on in Griffith 23rd to 25th May. I think the Monday is an individual time trial.
First Mike thanks for creating the calendar, I am going to do some TT this year.

Second, holy!!!! May! I was looking at Sep again same as always. I am way too out of shape to get ready by May. But thank goodness I happened on this post otherwise I wouldn't have known till like end of April or something when I start my annual planning.

Nats is in Tweed. I thought that if they landed Tweed Heads for the Nationals, States were due for Orange. Guess not.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:10 pm

Tweed Heads sounds like a good place for the nats, is that elite and/or masters?

I'd be surprised if NSW masters was anywhere else than Griffith, the Griffith people seemed pretty happy with it in 14

My Canberra cyclist friend doesn't have a clue about the ACT Masters champs Image

ATTA Calga on tomorrow morning. Can't make it got another commitment

FiveDaysAWeek

Postby FiveDaysAWeek » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:44 am

mikesbytes wrote:
Where does it say that? I can't find it in CNSW or Griffith Cycling club.
This is the entry: http://nsw.cycling.org.au/Events-Result ... ips-130048" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The reason I think day 3 is an ITT is because I competed in it last year.

(AT) ft_critical, yes was a bit of a surprise to me too.

KGB

Postby KGB » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:20 am

The event entry link above says the Masters Champs will run from the 23rd to the 25th - one day per event would be logical. It does say awaiting info from promoter though, and offers no details yet.
I just received a Commissaire email (about nominations/roster) and it has the Masters Champs down as a 2 day event (23/24 May only) and it has the Masters TT Champs listed on the 26/27th Sept with the U/19 and Elite events....

I'd be leaning towards the Commissaire roster being correct since they won't be running anything on the 25th if there's no officials! That means Masters TT in September with the Elite and U/19 events. Then again, there is no location listed for either event so who knows?

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:46 pm

I find the CNSW web site much harder to use, much preferred the site in 2013 and earlier where there was a single page with the events on it

In that case I might give Griffith a miss, go to the Aussies instead. I didn't like the road course, the hill is too big for me to power over. I did like the crit course but the TT course used the same hill as the road course.

Was there any indication as to where the Elite and U19 in September will be held?

KGB

Postby KGB » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:38 pm

No, nothing yet.

I think everyone liked the old website better. They changed to the new style so every state followed the CA template. I completely agree with your opinion.

FiveDaysAWeek

Postby FiveDaysAWeek » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:38 pm

The entries are basically place-holders, just a date and an "Awaiting Information From Promoter" message. This is the September Elite entry: http://nsw.cycling.org.au/Events-Result ... ips-130136" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KGB

Postby KGB » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:17 am

I had this confirmed by a senior commissaire on the weekend, monday will be the TT. Masters TT will not be in September, apparently, only elite and u/19. There still hasn't been any modifications to the commissaire roster that I've seen though so I've got no idea who will be running it.

FiveDaysAWeek

Postby FiveDaysAWeek » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:44 am

KGB wrote:
I had this confirmed by a senior commissaire on the weekend, monday will be the TT. Masters TT will not be in September, apparently, only elite and u/19. There still hasn't been any modifications to the commissaire roster that I've seen though so I've got no idea who will be running it.
Was about to say "good, that's sorted then" when I noticed this in the calendar: http://nsw.cycling.org.au/Events-Result ... time-trial" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .

Strawburger

Postby Strawburger » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:26 pm

It has to be a sweetner to get the masters down for the road race on Sunday I reckon. There wasn't that many masters in the event last year so I reckon they have the space to throw some masters on after the elites. At least the ITT champs are on the same weekend as the RR and crit in griffith.
n=10 (2013 & 2004 roads,2010 track,2x 2009 foldups,1990 hybrid,1992 trainer,2007 rental,1970's step through,1980's zeus)

KGB

Postby KGB » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:47 pm

Uuurgh. Who knows then?!

Aussiebullet

Postby Aussiebullet » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:20 am

mikesbytes wrote: In that case I might give Griffith a miss, go to the Aussies instead. I didn't like the road course, the hill is too big for me to power over. I did like the crit course but the TT course used the same hill as the road course.

Really? I found the Griffith road course much easier than the Gunning course. How did you find the Gunning course?
Loved the crit course at Griffith too it was fast!!!

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:38 am

I liked the Gunning road race course which is hillier than the Griffith course. However none of the hills on the Gunning course are as big as the one on the Griffith course so there's less opportunity to drop me. Also at Gunning I'm able to use the small hills to my advantage as I can, for want of a better description 'power attack' on the smaller hills and potentially get myself into a better position for the finish. The crit at Marurin drivers race tack is good in that fashion too, as the hills are not big enough to drop someone in themselves, it takes a different effort to get away. The ITT course is similar to Calga, which for Sydney based TT'ers is the only course that runs regularly. I'd prefer a Balarat type ITT, which I rode in 2011 when I was a beginner TT'er but sadly I wasn't able to compete on that course in 2014, which is a pity as I could of judged my improvement over that kinda terrain.

At Griffith I wasn't in the best of nick however in the ITT I was on the road in a similar time slot to the M5 bronze medalist and I saw that while I did loose some time in the first 2/3 of the TT, it was the last 1/3, ie the hill where I lost out big time. The end result showed me finishing mid-ish field, which was only 20 seconds in front of a rider I know who is 2 1/2 minutes slower than me at Calga

FiveDaysAWeek

Postby FiveDaysAWeek » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:28 am

Griffith Cycle Club has updated their site (http://www.griffithcycleclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;): the NSW Masters Individual Time Trial Championship will be held on Monday 25th May commencing at 9:00am.

Fourteen weeks and two Calgas (missing the third due to a wedding :-( ) away. Tight.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:44 pm

Ha at the rate I'm going it will be zero Calga's before Griffith

FiveDaysAWeek

Postby FiveDaysAWeek » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 am

Entries now open for the 2015 NSW State Masters Road Championships: https://eventdesq.imgstg.com/index.cfm? ... rgID=20999" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;