2016 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

westab

Re: 2016 ACF Commuting Challenge (AT) Endomondo

Postby westab » Mon May 09, 2016 11:39 am

fat and old wrote:wooohooooo. I finally get my bike back on Tuesday next week. :D I just looked at the link first time in three weeks, just in time :shock:
Just in time??? Maybe not - week upload this morning and I have you mate it looks like the challenge is on for 6th place - mate ride safe as we hopefully both close in on 5th place together.

Good to hear you are getting your preferred machine back; spare a thought for those of us who ride on old steel frame bikes (my preferred bike is a Repco Superlite).

Wet week this week in Sydney - but still not too cold; I am looking forward to it.
Not fast, no style, but still get there.

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Tue May 10, 2016 8:53 am

:lol:

Yeah, it was you I was thinking of Westy.

I tried with the apollo, but the 58 (I thought it was 57, but it measured at 58....which meant -2cm standover for me. I ride a 51 usually), and crappy brakes just made it all too hard. I'm soft :lol:

Fun day today :D

Of course its raining..........

westab

Postby westab » Tue May 10, 2016 9:18 am

Mate - nice wheels; I look forward to seeing your kms pass me shortly.

What a morning for a ride - 18 degrees no rain, cleaner air than the last few days (firefighters doing hazard reduction burns), sun shinning - just great.

Then riding through the parklands (shared path in bush land) I say and albino dear stag along with all the usual pleasures - wonderful.

I just love riding most of the time but today was on of those exceptionally good days.

RyanA

Postby RyanA » Fri May 13, 2016 4:17 pm

Well, that's it! I can retire now! Made it to 1st place, if only until Mick uploads his ride for today...

westab

Postby westab » Fri May 13, 2016 5:09 pm

RyanA wrote:Well, that's it! I can retire now! Made it to 1st place, if only until Mick uploads his ride for today...
Yes retire now - and take some mates out with you then maybe I can take out the challenge

It might look a little like this [shareyoutube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAADWfJO2qM[/shareyoutube]

This week has been good so far just about perfect autumn weather - I hope to get some riding in over the weekend as well.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri May 13, 2016 5:40 pm

Well done Ryan. The next couple of weeks will be interesting

RyanA

Postby RyanA » Fri May 13, 2016 7:52 pm

jasonc wrote:Well done Ryan. The next couple of weeks will be interesting
Three more weeks and then I'm on annual leave for two weeks. I don't really expect to see myself in first anytime after that...

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Sat May 14, 2016 6:15 am

RyanA wrote:Well, that's it! I can retire now! Made it to 1st place, if only until Mick uploads his ride for today...
Mate, well done. Some impressive catch up riding there. How many k's per week?

Releng

Postby Releng » Sat May 14, 2016 10:01 am

Sorry Ryan, I just uploaded Fridays commute. So back in front temporarily. It just feels like a matter of time until you and Jase come storming past, with the other contenders in your slipstream.
The last week has been a challenge lots of rain and wind. I seem to have spent most of my time in wet socks. Thursday morning was a bit of a thing with head wind gusts over 100k/h.

Keep going. I need the motivation to get me out on the challenging mornings.

Cheers,
Mick

RyanA

Postby RyanA » Sat May 14, 2016 8:26 pm

fat and old wrote:
Mate, well done. Some impressive catch up riding there. How many k's per week?
250 to 300kms per week. I've not driven to work for a couple of months now. I get the feeling that my workmates and bosses think that I lost my licence...
Releng wrote:The last week has been a challenge lots of rain and wind. I seem to have spent most of my time in wet socks. Thursday morning was a bit of a thing with head wind gusts over 100k/h.
Oh that's gotta sap the energy/motivation. Well done to go out in that!
We've had some pretty windy days here in Melb too, but not that high. I almost lost it during the week with a cross wind gust whilst I was on an exposed embankment on a gravel path. I think my front wheel got blown around 200mm across; only just kept it upright.

westab

Postby westab » Mon May 16, 2016 2:09 pm

Well done everyone for the riding in the poor conditions as mentioned above- this challenge is good for motivation.

The weekly upload took me just past 3000 km for the year - my goal is 7500 km this year so I will need to extend things to reach this goal while the weather is good.

The shorter days are making it harder to get more kms in as I prefer getting home with some natural light if possible.

cancan64

Postby cancan64 » Wed May 18, 2016 1:30 pm

The bad news...still coming last.... the good news...I have been offered a job ... so the chase begins....well soon.
Have to move to Auckland so I have 1 1/2 weeks to cull my clothes so I can take 2 bikes with me this flight ... lucky I have extra weight allowance.... now to dust off my winter cycling kit
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Wed May 18, 2016 1:40 pm

cancan64 wrote:The bad news...still coming last.... the good news...I have been offered a job ... so the chase begins....well soon.
Have to move to Auckland so I have 1 1/2 weeks to cull my clothes so I can take 2 bikes with me this flight ... lucky I have extra weight allowance.... now to dust off my winter cycling kit
great news cancan. hope to catch you before you head over the ditch. send me an email. we'll organise breakfast one morning after a ride.

EDIT: pretty sure I removed the AU condition on the challenge when I made it private. let me know if the kms don't appear.

cancan64

Postby cancan64 » Wed May 18, 2016 1:45 pm

jasonc wrote:great news cancan. hope to catch you before you head over the ditch. send me an email. we'll organise breakfast one morning after a ride.

EDIT: pretty sure I removed the AU condition on the challenge when I made it private. let me know if the kms don't appear.
I logged a commute a couple of months back when I wasin NZ so challenge all good... was going to start this Monday but I said I need to ride with you on Tuesday...they totally understood... so maybe coffee after Tuesdays ride..
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Wed May 18, 2016 1:53 pm

cancan64 wrote:
jasonc wrote:great news cancan. hope to catch you before you head over the ditch. send me an email. we'll organise breakfast one morning after a ride.

I logged a commute a couple of months back when I wasin NZ so challenge all good... was going to start this Monday but I said I need to ride with you on Tuesday...they totally understood... so maybe coffee after Tuesdays ride..
sold!

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Wed May 18, 2016 9:55 pm

My weeks have slowed down to 100kms now.

Last 3 weeks on the Fatbike and the cassette body failed on Monday.

Doing the rest of the week on my Reign. 6in travel all mountain bikes make worse commuters than Fatbikes :-)

Good news is my mate bought a new Niner ROS9 plus and I am buying his Krampus frame cheap so will be back on to a commuter machine again next week.

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Fri May 20, 2016 2:14 pm

I have to pick up supplies from the pool joint later, and get the water tested. Seeing how it's open tomorrow I'm thinking I can split the duties in two, and scam two extra rides. This could give me an extra 150km's applying the "extendo-mute" logic. Stretching the friendship there?

The fact I'm asking sorta gives it away as to my thoughts......

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sat May 21, 2016 7:14 am

f&o - it's up to you really. if you believe it's a commute, do it.
i asked about my ride in SA from victor harbor up to adelaide. without pulling my bike apart it was the only way for me to get it up there (and i was going to do a training ride anyway). people didn't want me to have it down as a commute, so it isn't.

it's getting tight at the top of the leaderboard that's for sure! 320-odd kms commuting this week

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Sat May 21, 2016 10:15 am

meh.....i ended up doing one trip. i think using the expression "scam" said it all :lol:

RyanA

Postby RyanA » Mon May 23, 2016 8:12 am

jasonc wrote:it's getting tight at the top of the leaderboard that's for sure! 320-odd kms commuting this week
I've backed off now. I have a heap of work to get through so have started working from home a couple of days per week (more efficient at home). I tried commuting from the bedroom to the kitchen to the office, but my wife didn't approve of the tyre-marks in the hallway. :lol:

cancan64

Postby cancan64 » Mon May 23, 2016 8:37 am

RyanA wrote: I tried commuting from the bedroom to the kitchen to the office, but my wife didn't approve of the tyre-marks in the hallway. :lol:
You need an indoor trainer to commute on...just leaves sweat marks

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Mon May 23, 2016 9:16 am

cancan64 wrote:
RyanA wrote: I tried commuting from the bedroom to the kitchen to the office, but my wife didn't approve of the tyre-marks in the hallway. :lol:
You need an indoor trainer to commute on...just leaves sweat marks
trainer kms/zwift won't count. sorry.
going to take me a while to catch releng

DavidS

Postby DavidS » Wed May 25, 2016 11:26 pm

Hmm, down to 7th after 3 weeks on holiday. Not as bad as I thought it could be.

But, back tomorrow. Weather looks like a nice welcome home (drenching showers and cold). Oh well, time to get back on the bike and catch those who have taken my spot :evil:

DS
Allegro T1, Auren Swift :)

westab

Postby westab » Tue May 31, 2016 11:28 am

DavidS wrote:Hmm, down to 7th after 3 weeks on holiday.........Oh well, time to get back on the bike and catch those who have taken my spot :evil:
DS
All of sudden it is cold in Sydney's western suburbs, down to 1 deg. C this morning (not that bad but when it has been in double digits at 8:30 last week it feels cold) but with David wanting "MY" spot (currently 5th) motivation is high.

This week should allow a few longer rides but with one ride short after soccer due to Mrs Westab having a meeting the kms should be about the same. Keep riding friends :mrgreen:

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:37 pm

I'm there, temporarily