Commuter Cup Racing

warthog1

Re: Commuter Cup Racing

Postby warthog1 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:51 pm

jasonc wrote:no. this is the first climb outbound on the western fwy bikeway (from anzac park). the bike path all looks the same along there

Thanks. Sorry I could have been a bit clearer :oops:
Dogs are the best people :wink:

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:57 pm

Nobody wrote:
These days being 18Kg or whatever lighter and riding in a mainly flat area (SOP, Parramatta river) I find CCR harder than I used to. I've got less peak speed on the flats (although faster overall) and really need to wait for the hills to confidently pass someone of similar pace. If I see someone coming up in the mirror on the flat, it's generally all over already since I won't be able to outpace them. And these days I'm more reluctant to try. But the hills are obviously more interesting for me. I had one roadie that passed me on the flat to find I could catch him on the next hill.
You should go and find more hills. You will be so much faster than you used to be with that amount of weight loss.
I'm lucky I don't see many other commuters as I am on the slow, aged based slide down, CCR wise.
Dogs are the best people :wink:

Rhubarb

Postby Rhubarb » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:27 pm

100kms of Commuter Cup Racing here !!!

WhingingPom

Postby WhingingPom » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:05 am

A quick rule clarification if I may - How many points do I get for wiping the floor with an e-bike after it overtook me?

I was supposed to be having an easy ride in on Wednesday, but the red mist may have descended when I realised what had passed me...

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:24 am

I think it's still just the one point. My interpretation is that you get a point for passing a rider that should be faster according to the rankings and lose one for being passed.

The Rules
Food Chain Number (ranking)
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:11 am

nairo quintana was a CCR competitor:

http://velonews.competitor.com/2015/06/ ... ins_375331" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In a region with a passion for cycling — and an altitude of 6,562 feet above sea level — Quintana was soon overtaking hardcore riders, blowing past them and their fancy equipment with his school books on his back.

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:21 am

I stopped for a second on the way home on Friday to grab a quick photo and while getting ready to move off was passed by an e-bike. Bloke seemed to give me a smug grin indicating he was doing it easy and would be hard to catch. Challenge accepted. Think he was a bit disappointed when I passed him very soon and pulled away, sorry dude you're not the quickest here (by a long shot). I was a bit disappointed to at the relatively easy pass but will take the point anyway.

I spot this guy pretty regularly riding his e-bike, sans helmet, greying pony tail in relaxed clothing. Often has a fishing rod with him. At least he's upgraded from the stink bike he had a while back.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

cancan64

Postby cancan64 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:39 am

I was having an easy commute this morning, legs were a bit sore from yesterdays ride but I stopped at a set of lights and there was an ebike... first one that I have seen so I let him go first and off he went, I then had to hit the brakes as a car thought the red light didnt apply to him and then I had to chase... The first part of the section is downhill and I managed to catch and pass him easy enough but being on a single speed I am limited to how fast I can go so he was on my tail until the uphill section when I tried to lose him...it wasnt until we came to a few other cyclists that I finally dropped him.... so much for my easy recovery commute
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

cancan64

Postby cancan64 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:37 pm

Decided after my failed morning easy commute that I would Definitely have an easy commute home except for my normal sprint section which I nearly managed to catch another commuter but I got a red light and he didn't so I picked the easy pace up and managed to catch him further down the road but that was it... His last section started with a downhill run and with a Tail wind I just couldn't spin the single speed any faster and got toasted... Geared bike tomorrow
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:11 am

Yesterday afternoon I popped out from under the bridge and quickly decided to give way rather than try and get in front of a roadie coming down the hill on the share path. Little dab of the brakes and I pulled in behind as I didn't know how fast he was riding. Once he figured I was there by hearing the freehub and seeing shadows I think he was concerned about me drafting so after a short distance we came to a road crossing where slowing down to negotiate the bends is not negotiable. After it straightened out again he slowed right down and I passed, gave him a g'day and pedalled back up to my speed. A very short while later I see a shadow beside me, he's pulled in for a draft (in a tailwind?). I kept it above 30 on my dually MTB for a bit and he stayed there, so near the next road crossing I hopped off the path and took a shortcut over dirt and dropped him. I'm claiming the point too! Dually MTB beats roadie is worth one.

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:44 am

Passed a commuter (guards, panniers) last week on Ride2Work day. While riding my MTB. Nothing too special, but +1 none the less.

This morning spotted a roadie ahead on the last leg of my extended into the bush commute this morning, was supposed to be winding down for work but CCR! Increased pace, caught him, despite being held up by sharepath traffic and sat behind for a bit deciding wether to pass or not. Had a little rest and noticed he seemed to be a little distracted by the tail so pulled out and passed, then made it stick. CCR+1 again, thoroughly stuffed now. When will, I learn to let it go?

Red Rider

Postby Red Rider » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:12 pm

How many points for passing a World Tour Pro? 8)

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:10 pm

Were they stopped?
tapatalk for Windows Phone. For when you want it done right

Red Rider

Postby Red Rider » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:35 am

They were cruising along the bike path with a bag over their shoulder immaculately decked out in Orica gear. Less than 25kph, but still, fully legit so quit your naysaying jc :P

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:36 am

Red Rider wrote:They were cruising along the bike path with a bag over their shoulder immaculately decked out in Orica gear. Less than 25kph, but still, fully legit so quit your naysaying jc :P
:mrgreen:

softy

Postby softy » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:07 pm

All good fun stroking the unofficial race ego! ;)

But i have seen it taken a step to far, where safety is thrown out the window.......

eg: taken the road crossing at full speed, just beating the motor traffic, or overtaking riders or groups when others are coming the other way without dropping speed.

I ride an ebike so attract some, i also get a number when riding my roadie. If i feel that someone is taking risks i drop back. It takes the competitiveness away and reduces the risks to others. No need to chase if it is causing danger to other cyclists or peds.

otherwise have some fun! :)

CXCommuter

Postby CXCommuter » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:57 pm

softy wrote:All good fun stroking the unofficial race ego! ;)

But i have seen it taken a step to far, where safety is thrown out the window.......

eg: taken the road crossing at full speed, just beating the motor traffic, or overtaking riders or groups when others are coming the other way without dropping speed.

I ride an ebike so attract some, i also get a number when riding my roadie. If i feel that someone is taking risks i drop back. It takes the competitiveness away and reduces the risks to others. No need to chase if it is causing danger to other cyclists or peds.

otherwise have some fun! :)
Instant disqualification when the above occurs...

I am missing CCR in Sydney- not as much happens in North Sydney :(

WhingingPom

Postby WhingingPom » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:03 pm

Are CCR points available for passing trams?

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:15 am

WhingingPom wrote:Are CCR points available for passing trams?
Not when they're stationary.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:42 am

biker jk wrote:
WhingingPom wrote:Are CCR points available for passing trams?
Not when they're stationary.
or they are being pulled by a bicycle

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:05 pm

After my experiment on the dragster this morning I was resigned to being slow on the way home. 20", v low saddle, single speed and wide upright bars do not make for a fast ride. But.... I managed to pass a guy on a full size MTB into a headwind. Couldn't resist keeping the pace a bit too high to stay in front. Pedalling with your knees around your chin isn't efficient, but I was faster than him :)

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:23 pm

bychosis wrote:After my experiment on the dragster this morning I was resigned to being slow on the way home. 20", v low saddle, single speed and wide upright bars do not make for a fast ride. But.... I managed to pass a guy on a full size MTB into a headwind. Couldn't resist keeping the pace a bit too high to stay in front. Pedalling with your knees around your chin isn't efficient, but I was faster than him :)
Must be extra points in it - riding with a bmx saddle height
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

WhingingPom

Postby WhingingPom » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:31 pm

Sitting behind trams is annoying, so there's only one thing for it - MultiModal CCR...

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:28 am

CCR!....forgot this existed. Commuting on an R5 cervelo means never getting any ccr points......but I got some the other day by passing a couple of Conti team blokes out cruising :P That counts yeah?

WhingingPom

Postby WhingingPom » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:42 pm

fat and old wrote:CCR!....forgot this existed. Commuting on an R5 cervelo means never getting any ccr points......but I got some the other day by passing a couple of Conti team blokes out cruising :P That counts yeah?
Absolutely not.

Lend me the bike for a week and I'll get you some CCR points :p