Anyone us the Strava "Fitness & Freshness" chart?

kb

Re: Anyone us the Strava "Fitness & Freshness" chart?

Postby kb » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:48 am

Jesmol wrote:
toolonglegs wrote:F&F chart only registers your rides with a power meter... You can't manually input a TSS on the days you ride without.
It also works off HR as an option too
And I have a vague impression that it tries to calibrate HR TSS using past power data if you have it. Haven't checked whether it adds training stress from running or swimming (ala Tri-score) as I could count those sessions on one hand since using Strava :-)

Alex Simmons/RST
Expert

Postby Alex Simmons/RST » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:14 am

Since modifying threshold power affects all historical data, it seems a rather silly implementation of the concept.

Cul

Postby Cul » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:21 am

Alex Simmons/RST wrote:Since modifying threshold power affects all historical data, it seems a rather silly implementation of the concept.
I sent though a service request to Strava some time ago; who told me fixing it so changing FTP value doesn't change the whole thing is low on their list of priorities - according to them the Fitness & Freshness feature works as it should. :oops:
My Training & Racing Blog: http://mountainbikemediocrity.wordpress.com
Fuelled By: Pro4mance

Alex Simmons/RST
Expert

Postby Alex Simmons/RST » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:28 am

Cul wrote:
Alex Simmons/RST wrote:Since modifying threshold power affects all historical data, it seems a rather silly implementation of the concept.
I sent though a service request to Strava some time ago; who told me fixing it so changing FTP value doesn't change the whole thing is low on their list of priorities - according to them the Fitness & Freshness feature works as it should. :oops:
GIGO

toolonglegs

Re: Anyone us the Strava

Postby toolonglegs » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:14 pm

Jesmol wrote:
toolonglegs wrote:F&F chart only registers your rides with a power meter... You can't manually input a TSS on the days you ride without.
It also works off HR as an option too
Didn't know that ... probably because I never wear one.
I found when I was riding with a PM all the time the F&F chart was ok, but as soon as I threw in a few mtb rides etc that I couldn't load a manual guesstimate of TSS in it became pointless.