330Km Ride for Charity - Cambodia

Pandabear123

330Km Ride for Charity - Cambodia

Postby Pandabear123 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:48 pm

Hi all

I'm looking for some advice on how to tackle this one. A few friends and I are keen to sign up for a charity ride (it's supporting PLAN, which helps young girls get an education). The Ride is in October next year, in Cambodia, where most of their work is done.

The schedule is:
Day 1: 35km
Day 2: 80Km
Day 3: 80Km
Day 4: 35Km
Day 5: Rest Day
Day 6: 56 Km
Day 7: 45Km

So questions are:

How do you plan for cycling in different climates (it's going to be very humid!)?
Is there any specific gear you would suggest?
Are there any training plans you've completed for something similar?

thanks in advance guys :)

GAV!N

Re: 330Km Ride for Charity - Cambodia

Postby GAV!N » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:30 pm

What do you normally ride? Is this all on road? This looks like a pretty easy schedule. Yes it will be hot and humid, so keep your fluids up, including electrolytes etc. Riding as a group, and taking your time you should be able to get through that with no worries.

Gear? Good nicks, lightweight shirt/jersey, sun screen, chamois cream.

Prepare? if you haven't done much riding, just get out on the bike when you can. Condition your ass to time on the bike. As I said, these aren't big days, but if you're not use it time on the bike you might end up with a sore bum.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:58 am

It won't take much to prep for that ride + you have 1yr to be ready.

Ride 100klms every week minimum over the leed up with some hill work and it will be a piece of cake. [emoji106]

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

jules21

Postby jules21 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:25 pm

the riding itself doesn't look to extreme. however, the climate will be a challenge. I'd recommend heading over a week or so before your ride starts to acclimatise. without fail, every time I holiday in SE Asia, the first few days hit me hard - without even doing exercise.