What Power analysis/training software do people use ?

MichaelB

Re: What Power analysis/training software do people use ?

Postby MichaelB » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:43 pm

Just got an email from Cycling Analytics saying that my free access is about to end, and that’s no issue.

The interesting thing is that once it expires, I can’t upload ride data (like I still can with Training Peaks and Today’s Plan).

Not a major issue, but interesting to note

Rex

Postby Rex » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:11 pm

I've used both TodaysPlan and TrainingPeaks extensively and it really depends what you want out of both and what you can put up with.

The data you can get out of TodaysPlan is outstanding, they're an Australian business and they're always pushing out updates and improving their product.
However both their mobile apps and desktop interface is just too slow and clunky for me. A very frustrating interface that is just not enjoyable to use.

TrainingPeaks has really all the data you need (unless you're a coach where WKO+ is useful), is presented well, is customisable enough, has a very user-friendly interface and the performance of both the apps and desktop is great.

I got a 20% off code for TP so ended up paying around $130 for a year and glad I stuck with it.

BugsBunny

Postby BugsBunny » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:53 pm

I have a Tacx NEO and a Garmin Vector 3. I use TrainerRoad for structured training, Zwift mainly for the fun factor and "competitive" side. I also have Strava Premium (mainly for the freshness/fitness/form curve) - although not worth the money me thinks.

For training, I run TrainerRoad (with Neo as the controllable power) and do their structured programs (via the iPad and BT) and have the Garmin Vector 3 paired up to Zwift concurrently (iPhone via HDMI to TV). I find this gives it a more "competitive" feel as I can see people in Zwift along the ride with me and it takes some of the boredom away from TR.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:09 pm

BugsBunny wrote:I have a Tacx NEO and a Garmin Vector 3. I use TrainerRoad for structured training, Zwift mainly for the fun factor and "competitive" side. I also have Strava Premium (mainly for the freshness/fitness/form curve) - although not worth the money me thinks.
If the F/F/F curve is what you are after, get Stavastix - gives you that and much more. No cost to load, but you contribute to the developer via Paypal.

It's actually pretty good (and much better than Premuim)

BugsBunny

Postby BugsBunny » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:58 pm

Thanks MichaelB

Will have a looksie at Stravistix.