Weight Loss

Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
Utedog

Re: Weight Loss

Postby Utedog » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:46 am

Man Silks your lucky they havent locked you in a big bubble LOL,If it came down to my wife or Beer/Burgers i'd kill her!......yes another one!...LOl

“ How can I keep both the BEER gods and the HEALTH gods happy at the same time???”

billygoatgruff

Postby billygoatgruff » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:36 am

I'm also off gluten and dairy and currently avoiding foods suspected of being inflammatory, so I'll list a few of the things I eat in case any of them might help to get you some extra calories:

- Plenty of sweet potato prepared all sorts of different ways
- Gluten-Free Weet Bix
- Lowan rice flakes from Coles, prepared similar to porridge http://lowan.com.au/products/rice-flakes/ (I have this for breakfast every day with cocoa, coconut milk, raw honey, blueberries or sultanas, and macadamia nuts although these are high in fat)
- Freshly made juices WITHOUT the pulp (taking out some of the fibre might help to prevent fruit from filling you up too much)
- Brown rice (as already mentioned)
- Fish (sounds like you already eat fish)

big booty

Postby big booty » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:29 pm

If youre losing weight then youre taking in less calories than you are expending. (Assuming that there is no underlying medical reason that you are unable to process foods properly, which might be the case I suppose?). You need to eat more calorie dense foods or reduce your 'exercise' slightly so that you get an equilibrium happening. There are only three basic energy sources: carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. Youre gluten intolerant so perhaps eat rice instead. Given your weight I wouldn't have thought that a small portion of fat would be detrimental. How are you with cheeses and yogurts or some lean meats?