My girlfriend getting too thin?

Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
Parker

Re: My girlfriend getting too thin?

Postby Parker » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:13 pm

toolonglegs wrote:Fresh food is pretty expensive... it's not an excuse. I don't want to add up what I eat in a week :shock: . Fresh is tasty but it hits the wallet.
We spend 400.00 + a fortnight on a two person household...
skull wrote:I love seeing articles about plus size models. It seems to make the fatties justify being fat. Unfortunately for the fatties they are short and a plus size, where as the plus size models might be size 12 or so but are rather tall. Thus in proportion unlike the fatties.
This isn't fat, but it's called plus sized http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/art ... ustry.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This one is labelled plus sized as well http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/fashio ... 6755792914" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

matagi

Postby matagi » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:49 pm

toolonglegs wrote:
matagi wrote:
toolonglegs wrote:Fresh food is pretty expensive... it's not an excuse. I don't want to add up what I eat in a week :shock: . Fresh is tasty but it hits the wallet.
This is a myth. Fresh food IN SEASON is not expensive, the problem is most people have forgotten what seasonal eating is and expect to have strawberries and tomatoes in the middle of winter.
A myth huh ... I could have some oats and milk for breakfast for a euro or so. But I have a kilo of bananas €1.50, frozen fruit ... 200 grams is about €1, glass worth of fresh OJ €1, some dates €1 and maybe half a melon etc. So about €5 for breakfast, I will have that twice in a morning.
For lunch I would have 500 grams of fresh spinach €3, 500g tomatoes €1, 1 lettuce €1.50 and maybe an avocado €1.50 ... I could down two lots of that in an afternoon... plus a couple more bananas.
Dinner... well you get the picture.
In season... sorry the season is very short here!... winter was 7 months long last season :evil: .
sogood wrote:Everything is expensive there in Euroland! :P
You better believe it!
Correct me if I am wrong - but are you not approaching winter in Europe? Where do you grow bananas in Europe in autumn/winter? Same applies to melons and avocados, spinach, tomatoes and lettuce. These are not seasonal fruit and vegetables in Europe at this time of year. So of course you are paying a premium for these items. In fact, I'm pretty sure bananas are not grown in commercial quantities anywhere in Europe - they are all imported.

What you should be looking at are root vegetables (parsnips, swede, turnip, potatoes, carrots, celeriac), mushrooms and brassicas (cabbage, brussel sprouts, etc). Fruit would be apples and pears and some citrus.

You are perfectly entitled to base your diet on non-seasonal fruit and veg but do not be surprised if you food bill is astronomical.

I repeat fresh food in season is not expensive.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:57 pm

Actually bananas are cheap here anytime of the year, €1 to €1.50 per kilo. They may be heavily subsidizing the DomTom's for that, not sure.
In season or out of season... prices don't really vary that much. Southern Europe is full off hot houses pumping out food all year round.
My food bill doesn't really vary week to week so there isn't that much difference... still expensive.
But nothing compared to a heating bill for 7 months of negative temps!.
But yes if you want to live like a hobbit of roots you can do it pretty cheaply.

winstonw

Postby winstonw » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:40 pm

AUbicycles wrote:Wintonw this is a cycling forum, if you want to discuss sexuality you are in the wrong forum.
Baldy, that is not a fact rather a guess at how you think it is run.
Wintonw this is a cycling forum, if you want to discuss obesity you are in the wrong forum.

simonn

Postby simonn » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:46 pm

Parker wrote: No, some people don't use this as an excuse, it is simply because they don't have that much money, perhaps they don't have the education (which sometimes is afforded through finance) to understand or perhaps they weren't taught.
None of which has anything to do with fresh food being too expensive. You have in fact pointed out that other factors are at play.

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:41 am

Parker wrote:
We spend 400.00 + a fortnight on a two person household...
skull wrote:I love seeing articles about plus size models. It seems to make the fatties justify being fat. Unfortunately for the fatties they are short and a plus size, where as the plus size models might be size 12 or so but are rather tall. Thus in proportion unlike the fatties.
This isn't fat, but it's called plus sized http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/art ... ustry.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This one is labelled plus sized as well http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/fashio ... 6755792914" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Utter lunacy that either of those women should be referred to as "plus size".
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

sogood

Postby sogood » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:52 am

ldrcycles wrote:Utter lunacy that either of those women should be referred to as "plus size".
+1. Source of our problem.
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

m@

Postby m@ » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:40 am

sogood wrote:
ldrcycles wrote:Utter lunacy that either of those women should be referred to as "plus size".
+1. Source of our problem.
:mrgreen:
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe

sogood

Postby sogood » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:42 am

LOL m@!
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

winstonw

Postby winstonw » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:30 pm

What I want to see is "Size ride 50km, dig a 1 metre deep hole, ride home, milk a cow, make dinner, clean up".

Seems the first world doesn't value women who do anything other than laze semi naked around swimming pools with bouffant hair, fake tans, and Brazilians.

Dragster1

Postby Dragster1 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:34 pm

durianrider wrote:,

Your Misses looks HOT!, Can you make mine look like this with a couple of Bananas. :twisted:

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:55 pm

Dragster1 wrote:
durianrider wrote:,

Your Misses looks HOT!, Can you make mine look like this with a couple of Bananas. :twisted:
Don't encourage him Dragster. :(
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

Dragster1

Postby Dragster1 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:31 pm

ColinOldnCranky wrote: Don't encourage him Dragster. :(
Sorry Colin maybe I can just throw a few bananas at her then :shock:

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:38 pm

DR's GF has that little body fat with very little exercise, if his posts on other fora are to be believed.

Reading between the lines, it seems she is unable to sustain any reasonable level of intensity for an extended period. Never rides much over 20km. My interpretation of that is she is therefore either malnourished or has poor strategies for endurance riding nutrition while on the bike. Probably both.

While I think women with low body fat are hawt 8) , this kind of extreme is unhealthy and unsustainable.

Farmer Elvis

Postby Farmer Elvis » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:55 pm

Dragster1 wrote:
ColinOldnCranky wrote: Don't encourage him Dragster. :(
Sorry Colin maybe I can just throw a few bananas at her then :shock:
:D :D :D

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:01 pm

trailgumby wrote:DR's GF has that little body fat with very little exercise, if his posts on other fora are to be believed.

Reading between the lines, it seems she is unable to sustain any reasonable level of intensity for an extended period. Never rides much over 20km. My interpretation of that is she is therefore either malnourished or has poor strategies for endurance riding nutrition while on the bike. Probably both.

While I think women with low body fat are hawt 8) , this kind of extreme is unhealthy and unsustainable.
Traigumby, you know better than to read between the lines of anything that DR writes. It's not your ability to read between lines that is questionable, but the lines themselves. :D

Notwithstanding anything banana mans alleges, for all we know GF is a mean carnivor that spends every day in the gym and every other day running triathalons. :mrgreen: She certainly looks to me as someone who has done a little more for her abs than just eating poorly.
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:56 pm

ColinOldnCranky wrote:Traigumby, you know better than to read between the lines of anything that DR writes. It's not your ability to read between lines that is questionable, but the lines themselves. :D
Yeah, well, I can't really argue with that can I? :lol: :lol: :lol: