8 bananas?

Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
foo on patrol

Re: 8 bananas?

Postby foo on patrol » Sat May 31, 2014 5:26 am

It would seem you are the one Durianrider, that picks the poorest nations for your justification of crazy eating habits and say how they are not lacking in food but yet these countries have a Huge death rate from starvation. :roll: Yet when someone points out the stats on death rates from these so called well balanced and fed nations you become indignant of the results. :?

If their diet is so good and therefore they are getting all the goodness of mineral and vitamins needed for a healthy life style, why are they having heart problems and not living to well into their 80s and 90s? :roll: :|

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

Nobody

Postby Nobody » Sat May 31, 2014 8:53 am

foo on patrol wrote:If their diet is so good and therefore they are getting all the goodness of mineral and vitamins needed for a healthy life style, why are they having heart problems and not living to well into their 80s and 90s? :roll: :|
I think he covered it by saying that not all eat the same in a particular country. Many people in poorer countries aspire to have a western diet, but they may not have the medical resources or finances of people in western countries to deal with the results of those dietary choices.

Dragster1

Postby Dragster1 » Sat May 31, 2014 9:49 am

Meanwhile back In STRAYA, we are in one of the lucky countries where you can over eat and its availability, affordability is within most peoples price range or reach.

You get the most obese human out there other than some people with certain illnesses say a 200kg giant limit their meat intake by only having 3 small steaks a week and the rest of the meals in vegetables that aren't fried, fruit and small portions of nuts, I will guarantee they will drop weight like no tomorrow. People just over eat heaps of crap, bad food-- Cracker biscuits-- too much bread --too much cheese--too much chocolate and pile on the sauces and dressings on everything. They just need to have the willpower to control their eating habits.

Nobody

Postby Nobody » Sat May 31, 2014 10:13 am

Dragster1 wrote:They just need to have the willpower to control their eating habits.
As one illustration goes, "it's hard to be a part time heroin addict", meaning some people may have to cut out what is bad for them altogether to be successful at improving their diet.

anttismo

Postby anttismo » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:06 am

Dragster1 wrote:Meanwhile back In STRAYA, we are in one of the lucky countries where you can over eat and its availability, affordability is within most peoples price range or reach.

You get the most obese human out there other than some people with certain illnesses say a 200kg giant limit their meat intake by only having 3 small steaks a week and the rest of the meals in vegetables that aren't fried, fruit and small portions of nuts, I will guarantee they will drop weight like no tomorrow. People just over eat heaps of crap, bad food-- Cracker biscuits-- too much bread --too much cheese--too much chocolate and pile on the sauces and dressings on everything. They just need to have the willpower to control their eating habits.
Yeah, that was me, sort of. I was 225kg odd and dropped to 200 in about 4 months by cutting out beer, of which I drank about 12 cans a day. It also resulted in reducing my nightly feasts, but otherwise I still ate quite a lot of food.

But from 200 I tidied up the diet a lot and dropped it to 2000Cal a day. I then lost a further 100kg in the following 12~14 months. I was hitting 10kg a month loss for about 6 months straight. Been 100ish for the last 3 years, although currently dropping to 90 to see if trying to be as skinny as a grand tour rider is a good idea :lol:

It turns it takes quite a lot of calories to get too and stay at 200kg+ :)

Dragster1

Postby Dragster1 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:11 pm

anttismo wrote:
Dragster1 wrote:Meanwhile back In STRAYA, we are in one of the lucky countries where you can over eat and its availability, affordability is within most peoples price range or reach.

Yeah, that was me, sort of. I was 225kg odd and dropped to 200 in about 4 months by cutting out beer, of which I drank about 12 cans a day. It also resulted in reducing my nightly feasts, but otherwise I still ate quite a lot of food.

But from 200 I tidied up the diet a lot and dropped it to 2000Cal a day. I then lost a further 100kg in the following 12~14 months. I was hitting 10kg a month loss for about 6 months straight. Been 100ish for the last 3 years, although currently dropping to 90 to see if trying to be as skinny as a grand tour rider is a good idea :lol:

It turns it takes quite a lot of calories to get too and stay at 200kg+ :)
Very good effort Anttismo You have achieved some very good results 8), I bet your life is a whole lot better now rather than struggling to get around. There is hope for people that are over weight and there always was they just need to find what works for them.

clackers

Postby clackers » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:01 am

And the publicity continues. Comments must have had a lot of moderation! :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... igure.html

Dragster1

Postby Dragster1 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:15 am

clackers wrote:And the publicity continues. Comments must have had a lot of moderation! :D

As many has said before me its a Crock of BS. I done my own experiments about a year ago with bananas. By replacing breakfast cereal and snacks ( Muesli bars,biscuits,chips) with few bananas ( Max about 4 large bananas a day), I dropped about 2kg and then stabilised and could not loose any more weight. I then changed the bananas to fruit that had less Calories like apples and oranges and dropped a few more Kgs. Eating 50 Bananas a day, I think I would put on weight.
Last edited by Dragster1 on Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anttismo

Postby anttismo » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:22 am

She must do a lot of crapping, I mean literally. I can get through the 5000 Cal a day, no probs there, but mine has a heavy dose of nice calorie dense processed carbs and fats, etc. 5000Cal in fruit and veg sould like quite a lot of *cough* mass to process...

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:50 pm

Still looks like she needs a good feed...
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:03 pm

Mulger bill wrote:Still looks like she needs a good feed...
Agreed. The word "undernourished" is the one I think of.
<removed by request>

lobstermash

Postby lobstermash » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:09 pm

Starvation through over-eating. Novel, but still a disorder.

march83

Postby march83 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:03 pm

orthorexia is the word

Nobody

Postby Nobody » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:18 pm

Dragster1 wrote:
clackers wrote:And the publicity continues. Comments must have had a lot of moderation! :D

As many has said before me its a Crock of BS. I done my own experiments about a year ago with bananas. By replacing breakfast cereal and snacks ( Muesli bars,bicuits,chips) with few bananas ( Max about 4 large bananas a day), I dropped about 2kg and then stabilised and could not loose any more weight. I then changed the bananas to fruit that had less Calories like apples and oranges and dropped a few more Kgs. Eating 50 Bananas a day, I think I would put on weight.
It depends who you are to some extent. There are people who can put on weight with a raw diet. You don't have to look far on youtube to find them. I think most people that are on a whole food vegan diet can usually eat whatever volume of food they want, as long as they're selective about what that food is. So far I've found I can't eat a lot of beans (protein) and expect to keep the weight off, but everything else I've tried has worked OK so far. BMI 22.5 here, so I'm no DR, but I've found my weight doesn't vary much now after I lost the initial weight.

As for 2Kg of potatoes. I couldn't eat that much. I usually eat about 550 grams at a time. Often with something else like a couple of pieces of fruit and/or a 100g bowl of oats with sultanas or something if I'm really hungry.
Last edited by Nobody on Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Squashed

Postby Squashed » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:21 pm

lobstermash wrote:Starvation through over-eating. Novel, but still a disorder.
aka, malnutrition

you can eat heaps of food and still suffer from nutritional deficiencies.
Anyone eating that many bananas per day, is probably not going to be that hungry and therefore will be missing out on essential nutrients obtained through other types of food.

man cannot live on bananas alone, he's got more chance on bread & water. Banana sandwiches anyone :)

cp123

Postby cp123 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:14 pm

she's gone from a previous eating disorder to this one. Anyone think she is a bit OCD or looking for the ultimate fix? Jump from one fad to another still looking for whatever it is she's looking for? Is it a sample size of 2? what are their nutritional qualifications?

barefoot

Postby barefoot » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:34 am

Durianrider, is that you?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

michelle_s

Postby michelle_s » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:21 pm

Calvin27 wrote:
zill wrote: Yes, it is the fact that I seem to get hungry easily by just eating a banana and strawberry smoothie. The liquid nature of the thing makes it seem like I haven't eaten a meal at all. Hence the high number of bananas. I have actually lost weight after starting this smoothie diet for lunch only. I am only a medium tall person so I don't know why many of you are saying that 8 bananas is too many.
It's not the fact that it's a liquid, it's the sugars in the fruit. Don't touch fruit if you're dieting. The sugars make you feel more hungry than if you just ate nothing! There is a reason why high protein diets work - they make you feel satisfied.

Go for the steak but give the chips and coke a miss. Go for potato mash instead. The starch does what typical carbs do keeping you feeling full - not that I have a problem with crabs but a lot of people do.
I'm dieting at the moment and am someone who always feels hungry so I fill myself up with mandarins... Surely they can to be bad for me. When I say fill myself up I have three mandarins and one banana around lunch time with steak and broccoli for lunch.

barefoot

Postby barefoot » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:01 am

barefoot wrote:Durianrider, is that you?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
(fixed with an image that allows hotlinking)

Dirty32

Postby Dirty32 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:30 pm

Looks like the new Giro Aero helmet...!

michelle_s

Postby michelle_s » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:06 pm

Looks like she got a boob job also.

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:22 pm

from the 'article'
‘Sometimes I might have a 500gram pack of corn pasta, like gluten free pasta... you’ve just got to make sure you keep the salt and the fat low.
Hmm... corn pasta must be pretty crunchy raw... :lol:
<removed by request>

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:23 pm

I'm eating one banana for an afternoon snack. Just the one. I will probably die of calorie deficit by the time I get home. :lol:
<removed by request>

Parker

Postby Parker » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:46 pm

Now now... don't over do it

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:24 pm

Parker wrote:Now now... don't over do it
I will compensate for my lack of calories with some nice fairtrade, organic, extra-virgin, raw, unrefined, vegan, chocolate... :lol:
<removed by request>