Riding after illness

Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
greyhoundtom

Re: Riding after illness

Postby greyhoundtom » Wed May 13, 2015 7:45 pm

Thanks for those best wishes :D

Back to 30 minutes on the indoor trainer daily since Sunday plus a bit of very light weight work and a heap of stretching. So with a bit of luck during the next couple of weeks I can increase that to twice daily and then get back out on the road again. :D

jack11

Postby jack11 » Thu May 14, 2015 10:20 am

greyhoundtom wrote:Thanks for those best wishes :D

Back to 30 minutes on the indoor trainer daily since Sunday plus a bit of very light weight work and a heap of stretching. So with a bit of luck during the next couple of weeks I can increase that to twice daily and then get back out on the road again. :D
Good to hear that you are back on the trainer, hopefully you will be on the road in no time!

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:23 pm

I'm just coming back after a year off on some pretty serious medication which flattened me to the point of zero exercise.
Currently doing a 65 km (it varies) and two 32 km rides per week.That is my current base and looking to build from here :-)
It's all good moving forward !!!

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:26 pm

greyhoundtom wrote:Riding after illness as a subject heading just doesn't do it for me anymore.

For the past 2 years it's been one thing after another and every time I've got back on my bike it's been "riding after illness". After the last little episode I had just got back up to 30 minutes on the indoor trainer morning and night for 5 days a week ready to tackle a road ride, and bang another week of feeling like a dog, another day in hospital, and by the looks of it more surgery coming up. :cry:

Back to the drawing board. :roll:
That's a tough gig. Hope it's working out.