Persription Glasses thread?

Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
London Boy

Re: Persription Glasses thread?

Postby London Boy » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:04 pm

a wrote:Contacts?

Worth a try if you haven't.
Certainly are. I wear them and use regular cycling sunnies, nothing special. Used to wear specs, still do from time to time, but when they got wet (ie. rained on) they were just useless. I lived in the UK, so got rained on quite a lot...

Contacts don't have that problem.

Semar

Postby Semar » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:26 pm

I have had prescription sunglasses for yonks. Years ago they couldn't grind lenses to fit in curved frames. But they certainly can now. I have had Bolle frames mostly because they are tough. Buy the glasses and chuck away the lenses and they insert your own. My optometrist won't stock Oakley because of their poor quality. Carrera are also good frames. I schweats like ze pig and they haven't dissolved yet.

Firstly, don't buy cheap frames. Of course they don't last. The coatings that add up the cost of lenses are great. Tougher, clearer, more scratch resistant than ever. No comparison to no script lenses. My guy uses Nikon I think.

I still remember putting on my first pair of prescription sunglasses - cooling, protecting and I could see so clearly. 8)
It’s more like our thoughts are thinking us than we are thinking them.

russells

Postby russells » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:44 am

For a stronger prescription in a wraparound lens, I got Bolles. The review is in Bike & Gear Reviews, viewtopic.php?f=44&t=76477#p1141632" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dr_Mutley

Persription Glasses thread?

Postby Dr_Mutley » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:42 pm

Bit of a thread dig here, but I've been on the search for someone to do a high correction script for a friend, for cycling. Tried the usual places overseas with limited success.

I've had very positive experience however, with a local company here in Adelaide, who obviously will do online sales as well.

My friend needs a high degree of correction, and David at Goggleman seems certain he can accomodate him with some lenses to slip in his jawbones... If your keen to talk/deal with someone local, touch base with David and see what he can do...

Goggleman details are:

http://www.goggleman.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

David Aulert
Co Owner
GM Optical / Goggleman
Ph: 1300 464 453
david@goggleman.com.au
687C Brighton Road, Seacliff, 5049, South Australia.

PatNZ

Postby PatNZ » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:03 pm

I've just used cheap prescription glasses from South Korea. I got them custom made to fill my Australian prescription. One pair of glasses i have cost $30 another is $60 and my prescription sunglasses cost $90.

Good luck finding glasses.

_mike_

Postby _mike_ » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:15 am

http://Www.visiondirect.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .my wife and I have been using them for a while. Faultless to deal with , their in Asia so don't let the .au fool you

On my 2nd pair of the electric charge glasses. flexible long lasting / high nylon content frames. Years ago used to be able to get them from the local optometrists but nowadays way too $$$$ and little range. I paid $180 to my door with -1.5 lenses. Have a nice wrap for good vision on the bike . That reminds me I have to send my claim to hbf

Mike

Man Friday

Postby Man Friday » Tue May 05, 2015 1:26 pm

Has anyone heard of or tried IC Sports glasses? I found out about them through a optometrist in the Noosa Hinterland. They're like a safety glass with a prescription insert in the back of them. Not like Rudy Projects. The prescription insert can be transferred to a different set of the safety glasses if you want a different colour.

SportsOptical

Postby SportsOptical » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:10 am

Hey All,

Great Rx eyewear thread here and lots of good advice (My favorite comment here was the eyelash trimming. Good call. 8)). I'm sure most readers know about the Ultimate Cycling Eyewear Q and A from a few months ago: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=83229" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, but just a friendly reminder that it's a great resource and one of the best forum-based eyewear discussions we've ever come across.

If you have any specific questions about Rx eyewear, feel free to reach out: http://www.sportsoptical.com/contact.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My name is Kyle, say you saw my note in the BNA forum.