Warming Up - Spinning vs Stretching

Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
KGB

Re: Warming Up - Spinning vs Stretching

Postby KGB » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:15 pm

singlespeedscott wrote:*SNIP* Just remember your paleolithic ancestors never stretched after running down the mammoth :lol: .
Hahaha, good point but they probably didn't do 40min spinning beforehand either!

As for what constitutes "spinning", I think the general consensus would be low load, high cadence. Whatever that is for you exactly, you decide as well as deciding how you get there or build into it. Personally, I'll start just plain slow. I increase the speed but not the gears so my cadence rises and after about 10min I feel pretty good. Often it takes me 20-30min for my legs to loosen up and feel 100%, especially after harder rides or periods of training.

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:56 pm

KGB wrote:
singlespeedscott wrote:*SNIP* Just remember your paleolithic ancestors never stretched after running down the mammoth :lol: .
Hahaha, good point but they probably didn't do 40min spinning beforehand either!
But they would of spent several hours tracking before the chase. Look at how Kalahari bushmen hunt.

Dave-in-LK

Postby Dave-in-LK » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:21 pm

singlespeedscott wrote:
KGB wrote:
But they would of spent several hours tracking before the chase. Look at how Kalahari bushmen hunt.

Kill it with a rock above a cliff :mrgreen:

No running required

Lol....btw I believe in the caveman or anthropology theory

It's why the Palio diet is popular

Not sure it works though ....