Bike fit "systems"

Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
nezumi

Bike fit "systems"

Postby nezumi » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:26 am

I am looking to get a bike fit (or three) done - one on my road bike and (possibly?) two on my cx bik - one for CX racing and one for commuting.

Is there any tangible difference between getting a "Retul" fit versus an independent fit, or another system?
2014 Merida Cyclo Cross 4
2015 Merida Scultura 5000

gabrielle260

Re: Bike fit "systems"

Postby gabrielle260 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:26 am

The answer is yes.
Sorry Nezumi, I just posted a long answer in another thread about bike fit. Try searching the forum... The more detailed answer is out there....

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:51 pm

The system is one thing, but the other is the person doing the fit.

That's important as well. I get mine done by Pave The Way in Sydney: http://www.pavetheway.cc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Obviously no good for you however. He uses Retul system.

vindlecrag

Postby vindlecrag » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:26 am

Retul is a tool. The key is the person using it. There are good fitters that don't use it however many of the good ones find it is a helpful tool so invest in it. That doesn't mean there aren't people out there using Retul that have no idea what they're doing! Do some googling, forum searching and get some recommendations. I was happy with my Retul experience at bodycare solutions in south melbourne.