Impact of Hematocrit in Amateur Racing

Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
kb

Re: Impact of Hematocrit in Amateur Racing

Postby kb » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:41 pm

Just read Faster by Michael Hutchinson. Quite enjoyable. Of course, now I feel my mediocrity much more acutely :-)

durianrider

Postby durianrider » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:32 pm

PCV over 50% is 'deleterious to your v02max'. haha! What???!!

Ive raced in europe and have used PED's. Its nonsense what some people write who have no experience other than studying at uni or reading some text books.

Blood testing is a joke. Its an IQ test. TUE's are easy to get for anything from testosterone, cortisone, dexamphetamines to cortisone. Pain killers are totally legal and one of the most effective doping products around because you SIMPLY FEEL NO PAIN IN YOUR LEGS!.

I remember an interview Lance did where he said 'well you basically don't feel any pain!' and then he quickly backpedalled and said 'well, I mean err, you just are on a lot of drugs but you still have to work hard...'.

Reality is the guys up front have a stash of pain killers and stims for the important races and these are totally legal and incredibly effective. Even !!! spammer !!! works a lot for runners and cyclists at increasing blood flow and enzyme activity involving nitros oxide production. NO2 opens your blood vessels more allowing more oxygen and sugar uptake.

Testosterone increases glycogen retention and aids in natural EPO production. Totally legal as long as your doc gives you a script and you apply in time for a TUE but in tennis you can just get retro active TUE's for just about anything. EPO? nah, they don't test for that much and microdosing a few units each night after 10pm will have you clean as a whistle. Just drink a lot of water each morning so everything is diluted anyway.

PCV over 50? Just guzzle 2-3 litres of water or do a saline bag and your good to go. Thats why personal centrifuges are so popular.
Vegan since 2001.

woody81

Postby woody81 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:15 pm

@durianrider: that's a disarmingly honest reply!

@others. In the new year I was at 47, getting my QTR''ly tomoz. Doc says if I'm closer to 50 or above 50 well send me for letting.