Teeth

Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
foo on patrol

Teeth

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:00 pm

Be very careful on how you think things are going when you get tooth pain. I spent 3.5hrs at the hospital last night after my gum started swelling and my throat constricted. Placed on a steroid drip and given strong painkillers to try and get things under control. :(

Problem started after a temp filling was put in two weeks ago and just didn't seem right from the start. Monday pain started getting a little worse and then escalated from there, till on Thursday morning I was getting really crook and the lump just stared getting bigger. Not being able to see a dentist due to being away in a truck and finishing to late yesterday, my wife rang the dentist and they said..... Get to a hospital and get it looked at, seeing as there is swelling and get drugs. :shock:

So the moral of this story is.... Be very carful as it can go to chit for you very fast. :idea:

Hope ASADA doesn't read this, I may be in trouble! :lol:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Re: Teeth

Postby foo on patrol » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:40 am

Since having this ripped out and the infection is abating, I've noticed that my heart rate is coming down on my rides. Just goes to show how much of an impact, these things can have on your body! :wink:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:24 pm

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:56 pm

He needs to get himself a decent dentist, i've got a denture for my 2 front teeth and it's solid as a rock, the bike would snap in half before the denture would move.
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

KGB

Postby KGB » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:23 pm

I think Stybar has a temp job in there.
I had a root canal done last year after putting up with pain and discomfort for far too long. Uuurrgh.

fishwop

Postby fishwop » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:49 am

foo on patrol wrote:Be very careful on how you think things are going when you get tooth pain. I spent 3.5hrs at the hospital last night after my gum started swelling and my throat constricted. Placed on a steroid drip and given strong painkillers to try and get things under control. :(

Problem started after a temp filling was put in two weeks ago
I had a temporary filling many years ago. It was, to say the least, a disaster. Pain was worse than before. I went back next day and she pulled it out.

She was cute, that is the only nice thing I can say about her. In fact that is why I went there, a mate had recommended her because she was cute.

Lesson learned.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:48 am

The body is slowly recovering and that means I can soon have some harder hit outs. :)

Foo
Goal 6000km

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:40 pm

KGB wrote:I think Stybar has a temp job in there.
The dentist billed my dentures as "temporary" for use until things had settled enough to allow implants. Not at $4,000 a pop buddy! Been 2 years or so now with no trouble, although they aren't sharp enough to eat apples with.

I've also had a hopeless temporary filling, it was a complete waste of time.
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia