corked thigh

Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
liamb

corked thigh

Postby liamb » Fri May 15, 2015 9:08 pm

Hi All

Got myself added to the statistics today on my commute home. Car turned in-front of me and I skilfully (more ass than class) slid sideways into the back of the car and ended up sitting on the boot lid. Most important the bike is sweet, not a scratch!!!!!! :roll: , but I hit the back of the car with my left thigh and I have a "corky". Any ideas when I should ride next. Is there any benefit in a gentle spin to assist recovery. I am in a bit of pain now ( 3 hours after) but assume it will be a bit "nippy" tomorrow. I have been icing on and off ever since and used a bit of anti inflammatory cream to assist with the swelling.

Cheers

Bill
TdF 2011: as Cadel Evans crosses the finish at Alpe-d’Huez: "I reckon tonight in hindsight he may have won the Tour de France tomorrow." The man Phil Ligget !!!

yugyug

corked thigh

Postby yugyug » Fri May 15, 2015 10:17 pm

Not a doctor or trained in anyway, but are you positive it's just a hematoma? A car hit me once and ambos said it was just that, but the pain and movement was poor and after ultrasound a few days later it was diagnosed as a quad tear. I only mention it because I imagine that it might be all good working the muscle if it's just s bruise, but if it's a tear you might need to take it easy for a while to avoid tearing it further.

liamb

Re: corked thigh

Postby liamb » Fri May 15, 2015 10:48 pm

yugyug

I dont think at this stage it is anything more than a minor "corky". There is a defined lump and a bit of bruising. With the ice and cream I am walking without a limp after time spent resting so I am assuming the damage is minimal. Will see how it feels in the morning.

Bill
TdF 2011: as Cadel Evans crosses the finish at Alpe-d’Huez: "I reckon tonight in hindsight he may have won the Tour de France tomorrow." The man Phil Ligget !!!

rustychisel

Postby rustychisel » Mon May 18, 2015 7:50 pm

Glad you're not too badly banged up Bill, good result. See how you feel in the morning AND IF THERE'S ANY QUESTION IN YOUR MIND REGARDING A GREATER INJURY SEE A DOCTOR. STAT!

Best,

liamb

Postby liamb » Mon May 18, 2015 9:09 pm

Hi guys

It is all good. Went for a gentle spin on Saturday arvo and ended up cruising up Ansty hill because I forgot it was there. I found the cycling action felt almost painless and I feel the 30km on Sat and 70km on Sunday helped me walk today. Oddly walking is still painful but nothing what all my "footy" mates suggested I would be dealing with.

Bill