Where is bananaman?

Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
ColinOldnCranky

Where is bananaman?

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:22 pm

I just noticed that DurianRider no longer is a member here. Last post AFAIK was April 18th.

Happy day. :D :D :D Someone, tell me it's true!
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

matagi

Re: Where is bananaman?

Postby matagi » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:51 pm

Now you've done it! He'll reappear now someone has mentioned his name.

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:06 pm

Fingers firmly crossed.
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:58 pm

Hey, don't associate that off-kilter knob jockey with a quality cartoon series character!

--
Hit me up via the BNA dm; I'll get an alert. If y'know, you know.

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:21 pm

ColinOldnCranky wrote:I just noticed that DurianRider no longer is a member here. Last post AFAIK was April 18th.

Happy day. :D :D :D Someone, tell me it's true!
Clicking on the profile name...
Information

The requested user does not exist.
Happy days! :D
<removed by request>

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:52 pm

I'd like to think it's because BNA is a little too high brow for him and he's failed to garner an army of slavvish likers or thumb-uppers with shorter attention spans on the likes of FaceAche which just fed his delusions.

People questioning his statements and claims must've been a little distressing for him; Especially without a small troop of "true believers" handy to howl them down in his defense
--

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:23 pm

HappyHumber wrote:I'd like to think it's because BNA is a little too high brow for him and he's failed to garner an army of slavvish likers or thumb-uppers with shorter attention spans on the likes of FaceAche which just fed his delusions.

People questioning his statements and claims must've been a little distressing for him; Especially without a small troop of "true believers" handy to howl them down in his defense
There were plenty of supporters here too. I think in the end though, he just didn't generate enough revenue for his time here. That said, he will probably just start posting again under a new username. Key word to watch out for: bananas (obviously), rice, Thailand, obese, 'obese mother', hot (ex?) girlfriend, protein, kilograms of sugar... etc, etc. I'm sure you get the point.
<removed by request>

thecaptn

Postby thecaptn » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:50 pm

He'll be back, like the turd that won't flush.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:35 pm

casual_cyclist wrote:...That said, he will probably just start posting again under a new username...
If any member should note a new poster along these lines, please let the team know. Lapsed/banned members have to earn the right to return.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

matagi

Postby matagi » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:24 pm

Ah, was he hit with the Ban stick?

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:54 pm

Nope. If he did anything to warrant a ban it was never pointed out to the mod team.

While we may have the legs, we aren't this bloke...
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:36 pm

casual_cyclist wrote:There were plenty of supporters here too. I think in the end though, he just didn't generate enough revenue for his time here. That said, he will probably just start posting again under a new username. Key word to watch out for: bananas (obviously), rice, Thailand, obese, 'obese mother', hot (ex?) girlfriend, protein, kilograms of sugar... etc, etc. I'm sure you get the point.
Whilst the adage "You believe what you want to believe" is true as ever; his arrogant brand of hype did nothing to ingratiate himself as a credible source in my eyes. Just as well most diet discussions bore me pretty quickly anyway. It was kind of fun to see people put the boot into him though from time to time.

A couple of his YooChewb vids originally was enough to set off alarm bells in my head.
--

liamw

Postby liamw » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:05 pm

He is still around, he is just haunting other forums. And generating rather similar responses.

Living in Adelaide means that I also get to occasionally observe him in person. I can state with confidence that he isn't one of those people whose online and offline personas are different...

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:02 pm

liamw wrote:He is still around, he is just haunting other forums. And generating rather similar responses.

Living in Adelaide means that I also get to occasionally observe him in person. I can state with confidence that he isn't one of those people whose online and offline personas are different...
Annoying at any speed?
London Boy 29/12/2011

m@

Postby m@ » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:26 am

thecaptn wrote:He'll be back, like the turd that won't flush.
A vegan diet'll do that for ya... :mrgreen:
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe

liamw

Postby liamw » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:02 pm

Mulger bill wrote: Annoying at any speed?
I can definitely think of a few adjectives that could be applied to him.

Let's just say that he is certainly someone who falls in to the category of polarising. And repetitive (power meters, anyone?).

battler2

Postby battler2 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:25 pm

amazing how many clones he seems to generate via his youtube vids. literally exact same content, and one i found recently, has his way of speaking (constant swearing, facial expressions, pauses) down pat.

he doesnt have half the following his flesh showing girlfriend has, and when another attractive vegan garners support overnight, he rides on their fame as well (but if you accuse him of this, and aren't vegan yourself, he'll attack you in his vids)

i regularly visit chiang mai myself but wouldn't in a million years ride with his vegan support group posse. honestly i think they're no different to ISIS (very similar acts in the way they speak and act), but of course, because we all eat meat fish and dairy, something man has done for thousands of years, we're the extremists.

battler2

Postby battler2 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:27 pm

and i also might add, how many of his followers are actually legitimate? manipulation on this is actually quite simple, and no doubt there are companies that will generate fake followers for a price. he once regularly boasted about being 'employed' by a company in QLD.

i just find it sad that his followers are that gullible and so easily brainwashed as he's managed to brainwash himself.

rodneycc

Postby rodneycc » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:27 pm

^^ people with bipolar do that. Got all the classic symptoms if you ask me.
2013 BMC TM SLR01;2013/14 Bianchi Inf CV
2013 Lynskey Helix;2013 XACD Ti Di2
2013 Giant TCR Adv SL1;2014 Giant Defy Adv SL

Biffidus

Postby Biffidus » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:53 am

He seems to be fairly active on the Adelaide cyclists forum.

battler2

Postby battler2 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:46 pm

if you call 'active' constantly replying to posts that don't ask for it, with his repetitive (oh god it's so repetitive) vegan, compact crank, stages power meter and how everyone is inferior unless they own and practice all of the above.

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:31 pm

battler2 wrote:if you call 'active' constantly replying to posts that don't ask for it, with his repetitive (oh god it's so repetitive) vegan, compact crank, stages power meter and how everyone is inferior unless they own and practice all of the above.
Get him a "Where's the beef?" bumper sticker and stick it on his bike.

he he he, "Where's the beef?"
<removed by request>

Biffidus

Postby Biffidus » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:49 pm

battler2 wrote:if you call 'active' constantly replying to posts that don't ask for it, with his repetitive (oh god it's so repetitive) vegan, compact crank, stages power meter and how everyone is inferior unless they own and practice all of the above.
Sounds pretty active to me :P

liamw

Postby liamw » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:01 am

casual_cyclist wrote: Get him a "Where's the beef?" bumper sticker and stick it on his bike.

he he he, "Where's the beef?"
I suspect that if you did anything that permanent to his bamboo bike it would probably fall apart ;)

Of course, there would be the proclamation that you wouldn't be able to catch him since you weren't "carb'd up"...

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:30 pm

When I click on his profile, I get the message "The requested user does not exist."

Yet we are still discussing him. What is wrong with us? :wink: :D :lol:
<removed by request>