cold "upper" nose

Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
eeksll

cold "upper" nose

Postby eeksll » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:06 pm

hello all, I have recently been getting what I assume is a cold upper nose. It might be something else. Wandering if anyone else has experienced this and any remedies/solutions.

It's almost like an "ice cream headache" pain halfway between the tip of the nose and my eyes. It gets quite sharp during the ride and goes away very quickly when i get home.

Its only been happening last few months, its not freezing cold either, not wearing any warmers or winter gloves yet, but cold enough to carry them in the pocket just in case.

ColinOldnCranky

Re: cold "upper" nose

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:14 pm

I'm assuming it is from your sinuses. It would probably then only be a recent thing with the colder weather. Right?

Assuming that, you may find relief in the cold months by wearing a stretchy head-sock or balaclava that covers the nose. A little into the ride it will be laden with some warm moisture from your exhaling. Each breath you take in will be warmed and that will be gentler on sensitive sinuses.

While warming the air only a little it usually makes a world of difference.
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

rodneycc

Postby rodneycc » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:23 pm

+1 to headsock/balaclava/ headband. I was having a similar thing on Fridays ride so went to Aldi on the weekend and bought a $2 headband that flares out to cover my ears. Hopefully does the job. I remember I use to get a similar thing when skiing which was actually cold probs with the inner ear!
2013 BMC TM SLR01;2013/14 Bianchi Inf CV
2013 Lynskey Helix;2013 XACD Ti Di2
2013 Giant TCR Adv SL1;2014 Giant Defy Adv SL

eeksll

Postby eeksll » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:51 pm

thanks, Ill give those a try.

I have only noticed it in the last few months and never (noticed) before. I have ridden in much colder temperatures than those of the last few months.

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:51 pm

eeksll wrote:thanks, Ill give those a try.

I have only noticed it in the last few months and never (noticed) before. I have ridden in much colder temperatures than those of the last few months.
You must be getting old then. You're on the slippery slope now. :lol:
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

eeksll

Postby eeksll » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:18 pm

:(