Sweat from Indoor trainer lead to problems later in life?

Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
Mbike23

Re: Sweat from Indoor trainer lead to problems later in life

Postby Mbike23 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:28 pm

Mulger bill wrote:
Kalgrm wrote:... but don't forget your towel.

:)
And a cup of tea... :)
Run away he's got a towel

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:43 pm

Mbike23 wrote:
Mulger bill wrote:
Kalgrm wrote:... but don't forget your towel.

:)
And a cup of tea... :)
Run away he's got a towel
What if he's got a pointed stick?
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:21 pm

Mulger bill wrote:What if he's got a pointed stick?
Cover ya eyes and don't bend over! :shock: :lol:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

eeksll

Postby eeksll » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:47 pm

as part of a running group, just about everyone "air drys" at the end of a run. I have only ever seen a towel at the end of a run a handful of times. I rarely towel off after a run, I find that if I "need" to I will probably sweat another bucket load straight away.

In regards to parents feeding their children BS. Do what my parents did make it so blatant, I never believe anything they say :D.

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:21 pm

MikesBytes is on the mark. There is too much old-school palaver that has been handed down to us as fact by our well-meaning elders. Alternating cold and hot compresses after you sprain your ankle springs to mind.

Another: People think that the current first aid treatment of snakes that is at variance with the dangerous practices our elders handed to us forty years ago is a NEW development when my St Johns Ambo First Aid 1979 is almost exactly what is currently espoused but good old grand dad would still have been telling usrecently to cut along the length of the limb, to suck out the venom and to apply a tight tourniquet.

Dr Google just makes it even harder to sort truth from fiction.

When someone prefaces an explanation with the words "common sense" in these matters my BS detector ups it's sensitivity just a little. Common sense may be common as in lots of people think it is so. But it is not necessarily right. "Common sense" is a lazy argument that, too often flies in the face of evidence and is a poor substitute for it.
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle