Podiatrists in Sydney?

Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
yugyug

Podiatrists in Sydney?

Postby yugyug » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:31 pm

Can anyone recommend a podiatrist in Sydney that has familiarity with cycling?

Background if that helps answer the question: I have extremely flat feet and often wear orthotics when walking and utility cycling, but not all the time and not when recreational cycling. Recently I have been experiencing an unusual stiffness and mild pain in the sole of one foot. I'm not sure it has anything to do with cycling, but cycling is the primary way I get around.

I have not seen a podiatrist in about 10 years. My 10 year old orthotics are being held together by dried sweat and packing tape. Its time.

trailgumby

Re: Podiatrists in Sydney?

Postby trailgumby » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:38 pm

Andrew Bull was recommended to me by Steve Hogg. That was 5 or six years ago, and the orthotics are still going. He had rooms down by Circular Quay somewhere.

Derny Driver

Postby Derny Driver » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:05 pm

If you want to take a drive to Wollongong, Gil Rutty is an A grade cyclist and had had a successful podiatry clinic for years.
His number is 42 72 7110

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:15 am

trailgumby wrote:Andrew Bull was recommended to me by Steve Hogg. That was 5 or six years ago, and the orthotics are still going. He had rooms down by Circular Quay somewhere.
I have orthotics made by him as well. He is in Sydney Sports Med in Young Street Sydney, across from the AMP food court.

http://www.sydneysportsmed.com.au/andrew.html

yugyug

Postby yugyug » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:33 am

Thanks everyone! :)

yugyug

Postby yugyug » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:52 am

I saw Andrew Bull, nice guy. Interestingly, he said there are performance gains possible from wearing orthotics when cycling - I had thought that would be unlikely because pedalling is so different from walking or running.

Anyway, he is making me some new orthotics from carbon fibre. These will be the first carbon fibre anything I have near my bicycles!

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:00 am

yugyug wrote:I saw Andrew Bull, nice guy. Interestingly, he said there are performance gains possible from wearing orthotics when cycling - I had thought that would be unlikely because pedalling is so different from walking or running.

Anyway, he is making me some new orthotics from carbon fibre. These will be the first carbon fibre anything I have near my bicycles!
Weight weenie. :lol:

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:44 pm

yugyug wrote:I saw Andrew Bull, nice guy. Interestingly, he said there are performance gains possible from wearing orthotics when cycling - I had thought that would be unlikely because pedalling is so different from walking or running.

He did the same orthotics for me as well. Follow the care instructions and they should last a long time. I only use them in my cycling shoes.

I did notice a difference when using them, but mainly because my feet weren't properly supported.