Cycling and suncreen

Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
Mububban

Re: Cycling and suncreen

Postby Mububban » Fri May 19, 2017 11:23 pm

I wear UV sleeves on my arms that I bought for playing golf. They're skin tight and wick sweat away and don't need to be reapplied :)

Otherwise Cancer Council 50+ for my legs and face/neck
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

TheWall

Postby TheWall » Sat May 20, 2017 6:52 am

+1 for the arm sun protectors. You get a little warmer than no sleeves (solved by wetting them and then you get a distinct cooling effect on the hotter days) but on the flip side they are also great for the slightly cooler days where a long sleeve jersey is too much.

I have a Castelli set from my LBS.

DaveQB

Postby DaveQB » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:55 am

Mububban wrote:I wear UV sleeves on my arms that I bought for playing golf. They're skin tight and wick sweat away and don't need to be reapplied :)

Otherwise Cancer Council 50+ for my legs and face/neck
You can also get leg UV sleeves btw
Ht: 182cm | Wt: 84kg | Bikes: Felt AR1 2016, Felt B2 2013
Sucessful Trades --> files.dward.us/Cycling/BNA-Trades.txt

enduro2

Postby enduro2 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:35 am

I only ever wear long sleeved jersey and long fingered gloves and haven't found myself getting too warm on rides even on the hottest days as the wind just evaporates the swaet away quickly. Once I stop, that's when things warm up.

I have two jerseys, one I specially hunted down as it has a high SPF rating, the other is not rated and was purchased from a large camping and sports store chain. I've worn both jerseys for many months. After wearing the SPF rated one forma coulle of weeks I noticed I developed singlet tan lines from my bib so the sun is still getting through, not enough to burn after a 2 hour ride though.