Cycling as recovery from very serious accident

Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
glawrence2000

Re: Cycling as recovery from very serious accident

Postby glawrence2000 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:32 pm

g-boaf wrote:That's a great story. I watched someone recover from serious injury last year through cycling, going from a point where it was painful even to take off a shirt, even as far as hands being locked up, gradually becoming more mobile.

It's a reminder not to take your health for granted.
absolutely. and also a reminder to not sweat the small stuff, stop and look at the sky, and take time to see what's going on around you and in your relationships with everyone and everything.

I was d e a d guys, can't stress enough how fragile life is.
Thanks heaps.
BMC 4Stroke 03. (web nazis won't let me put a third picture up :()
Voodoo Dambala 29er.
FELT AR4 Carbon.

glawrence2000

Postby glawrence2000 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:34 pm

foo on patrol wrote:Well done Glawrence but don't be pushing to hard to improve all the time but do it in blocks of a month or two. :idea: Keep us updated with your progress. :)

Foo
Bit on the slack side last few weeks because I've been on holidays but getting back into it again.
Thanks heaps.
BMC 4Stroke 03. (web nazis won't let me put a third picture up :()
Voodoo Dambala 29er.
FELT AR4 Carbon.

RhapsodyX

Postby RhapsodyX » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:35 pm

glawrence2000 wrote: I skipped breakfast for decades - never felt hungry. Wasn't interested in it.
Have heard so many times Breakfast of a King, Lunch of a squire and dinner of a pauper.
Max calories at the start of the day and don't pack yourself before bed.
Very true, but I find the only way to do 18:6'ish is to hang off eating until lunch-time. But - I need to get my "stuff" together and make lunch the big meal. Research shows that having the "window of eating" earlier results in better blood markers and easier weight control, but I just find I wake up at 2am-ish and want to kill something.

ashleygray

Postby ashleygray » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:38 pm

This is a great story! I'm glad you've decided to do cycling to recover from the past accident.