MTB buddy wanted Perth area

pedalmonkey

MTB buddy wanted Perth area

Postby pedalmonkey » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:51 pm

Hi all

I'm from a road background but I've recently started mountain biking due to lower back issues keeping me off the road bike. I think this may continue for some time longer!

As my mates are also road-only, I'm looking for someone at a similar level (or slightly above) to hit the trails with and learn from. I've been riding Kalamunda trails and also non-technical stuff like the Yaberoo-Badgara.

I'm 35, reasonably fit, and mostly comfortable on blue trails but still kinda nervous with jumps and drop-offs as I have never learnt to bunny hop properly.

PM if interested or charitable! Thanks

Mububban

Re: MTB buddy wanted Perth area

Postby Mububban » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:25 pm

I'm a slow MTB noob so wouldn't be much help, have you considered joining the monthly social group rides at Kalamunda (if you haven't already?) They split into beginner, intermediate and advanced, maybe get chatting with those of a similar level, chances are if they're riding on the social days they're either beginners (like me), or just sociable :)
Last edited by Mububban on Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:00 pm

You may get more traction in the specific WA section.

Do you normally do the 'circuit' or do certain sections etc ? Assuming your referring to the Camel Farm?

pedalmonkey

Postby pedalmonkey » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:21 pm

Mububban wrote:I'm a slow MTB noob so wouldn't be much help, have you considered joining the monthly social group rides at Kalamunda (if you haven't already?) They split into beginner, intermediate and advanced, maybe get chatting with those of a similar level, chances are if they're riding on the social days they're either beginners (like me), or just sociable :)
Not heard of these, who runs them?

pedalmonkey

Postby pedalmonkey » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:24 pm

jaseyjase wrote:You may get more traction in the specific WA section.

Do you normally do the 'circuit' or do certain sections etc ? Assuming your referring to the Camel Farm?
Mostly blue trails out of Camel Farm and the Dell.

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:45 pm

pedalmonkey wrote: Not heard of these, who runs them?
Hop onto the Facebook page for KMBC (search for Kalamunda Mountain Bike Collective) or keep an eye on the Calendar page for monthly rides. This month has been and gone, on the 5th. Nothing posted yet for September.

http://groupspaces.com/KalamundaCollective/calendar/

Usually a Sunday morning once a month, meet at the shipping container around 8am, split into groups based on skill, and ride for about 2 hours then meet back for some nibblies and a chat.
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

pedalmonkey

Postby pedalmonkey » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:56 pm

Cheers!