Looking for a buddy in the ACT

Dale.R

Looking for a buddy in the ACT

Postby Dale.R » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:25 pm

Hi all
I am moving to the ACT next week. I would love to met up with some local female riders and head out for a ride some time. I ride both road and MTB

Cheer Dale

Macca_CX

Re: Looking for a buddy in the ACT

Postby Macca_CX » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:58 pm

Hi Dale
This might be a bit too late as you are probably already settled here in the ACT, but below is some info you might find useful:
- there is a LIV women MTB riding group out at Stromlo on thursday nights 6pm onwards. All levels are catered for. Just rock up and hang around the pavillion.
-there is a MTB cycling group for women on FB called allround cycling. Have to be added but that shouldnt be a problem
-there are two main road cycling clubs that you could join. The canberra cycling club and the vikings. Im not part of either as but I've heard good things about both.

I usually ride around Bruce a few nights a week if you ever wanted to join. Sometimes I'm in a group, sometimes not.
Hope that helps

cp123

Re: Looking for a buddy in the ACT

Postby cp123 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:50 pm

check out http://www.fitact.org.au/training-sessions-1/cycling" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; as a group. they organise various social events including mtb rides here and there. all ages, all levels.