I'm NEVER going electric

ColinOldnCranky

I'm NEVER going electric

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:42 pm

This does it.

Calves and quads for me. These damned electric widgets are just too dangerous. :shock:

Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

Rhubarb

Re: I'm NEVER going electric

Postby Rhubarb » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:23 pm

I remember a wise old guy at work once saying "never is a very long time".

That said, I tend to agree with you on this one ;-)

cj7hawk

Postby cj7hawk » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:34 pm

I always laugh at that video - especially when the first fire extinguisher fails - that really sums up China right there -

Anyway, I'd give those a try if I had one - I just can't see the point in getting one when they are presently illegal anyway - But otherwise ? sure. They look pretty hot to me :lol:

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:32 am

cj7hawk wrote:I always laugh at that video - especially when the first fire extinguisher fails - that really sums up China right there -

Anyway, I'd give those a try if I had one - I just can't see the point in getting one when they are presently illegal anyway - But otherwise ? sure. They look pretty hot to me :lol:
Though they are illegal, they don't seem to garner much angst from Joe Public or Mr Plod. I can't recall any complaints in the media or among people I speak to. Seems far better thought out than many other illegal powered transporters.

It won't surprise me if they drive some change in the bike regs to accommodate them. It won't surprise me if they don't either.

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Kalgrm » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:45 am

I wouldn't ride one of those things, but I see a time in the future (when I'm no longer capable of riding longer distances) where I may put some sort of electric assistance on my bikes. It might be 20 or 30 years away though. At least, I hope I've got that long left. (50 years old in 6 weeks ... not that I'm counting ... much ... ;) )

Cheers,
Graeme
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it ....

outnabike

Postby outnabike » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:29 am

I am trying to see the brighter side of that thing but just too much smoke.... :)
When you get older and get a motor , all it does is put you further away from your nurse....now a nurse that rides a bike... what a wife.
Vivente World Randonneur complete with panniers

cj7hawk

Postby cj7hawk » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:05 pm

ColinOldnCranky wrote:
cj7hawk wrote:I always laugh at that video - especially when the first fire extinguisher fails - that really sums up China right there -

Though they are illegal, they don't seem to garner much angst from Joe Public or Mr Plod. I can't recall any complaints in the media or among people I speak to. Seems far better thought out than many other illegal powered transporters.

It won't surprise me if they drive some change in the bike regs to accommodate them. It won't surprise me if they don't either.
Generally, police wait to see what's going on, if it's being used poorly (eg, riding across roads ) or if anyone has been hit by one. What speed they are going, are they being a nuisance? Then they toss a coin and if it comes up heads, they prosecute you.

Once they find there are too many people to prosecute anymore, they legalize it.

Seems to work that way -

David

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:12 pm

What about Bendon Wong's airwheel?

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/cart ... l7s9q.html

(see video at top)
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:25 pm

mikesbytes wrote:What about Bendon Wong's airwheel?

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/cart ... l7s9q.html

(see video at top)
Evokes images of darth vadar. :D