Bafang bbshd

rollin

Bafang bbshd

Postby rollin » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:07 pm

I’ve had a Bafang bbshd with lekkie ring and cranks for 3 months and am blown away by its performance - if your thinking of buying one don’t hesitate, very easy to install and amazing performance it’s on a giant trance will post pics soon. If you have one also let me know what you think....

Inspectorgadget

Re: Bafang bbshd

Postby Inspectorgadget » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:58 am

Yes the I have one in my Fat Bike I am selling, 350 Watt. I bought MTB with Bosch drive instead.

These Chinese systems are generally both well built and reliable. They are not sophisticated but rather very simple, the oppposite of the Bosch. The simplicity makes them reliable and also cheap.

I find mine a lot of fun to use and I will be sorry to see it go. I love the Bosch too, as you wouldn’t even know you are riding an electric bike.

The Fat Bike you are very much aware as the five power levels are distinct and it takes a revolution of the crank to start the power so I often use the throttle when I start off on rough ground. It is fun though and the grip from the tyres is huge and it will run through deep sand when needed.

Inspectorgadget

Re: Bafang bbshd

Postby Inspectorgadget » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:35 pm

Oh, update on Bafang RMG06 350W rear hub.

Grinding sound on sudden application of throttle so gears obviously stripped, one of them at least. I think that there are three nylon gears in rear hub.

mmmm. Still under warranty. I noticed it when I used the throttle to get going again on a flat surface. Grinding sound. Back to shop