Template for Reporting Incidents to Police

trailgumby

Re: Template for Reporting Incidents to Police

Postby trailgumby » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:41 pm

I'm not sure if the templates still exist.

However, i have written a 3-part series on how to do it.

http://www.simplycyclingtraining.com/blog/

donnaeastman

Postby donnaeastman » Tue May 01, 2018 8:02 pm

Well done! I'm thankful that you posted this.

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:26 pm

So what's the go for a car vs bike incident where I'm mostly okay, the bike is mostly okay, and the driver will pay for the <$500 of repairs? Because that's what I'm looking at after being hit this morning. Fairly low speed so I lost some skin but nothing is broken. Minor repairs and new helmet required so less than $500 out of pocket. Spent an afternoon being diagnosed with mild concussion in A&E so no out of pocket expense, although I've now got to use 3 days of sick leave off work (not the end of the world). And the driver is more than happy to admit he was at fault and pay for the repairs and replacements I've been quoted.
I haven't told him, but I have video evidence thanks to my Fly6 if he changes his tune, but the current plan is to meet up on Tuesday and he pays me the cash.

Is the driver obligated to report himself to the www.crashreport.com.au website?
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:11 pm

trailgumby wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:54 am
Since adding more blog posts, the incident reporting articles have rolled off the bottom of the main page.

Here are the links to each part:
Trailgumby's excellent guide appears to be 404 ATM, but thanks to archive.org the parts are:

1: Evaluating camera evidence to determine whether it is sufficient get close pass infringement issued.

2: Visually communicating the infringement for maximum impact.

3: Packaging up the documentation and video to ensure police can't ignore you (includes sample submissions that can be used as a template).
It doesn't get easier, you just get slower

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:24 pm

find_bruce wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:11 pm
trailgumby wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:54 am
Since adding more blog posts, the incident reporting articles have rolled off the bottom of the main page.

Here are the links to each part:
Trailgumby's excellent guide appears to be 404 ATM, but thanks to archive.org the parts are:

1: Evaluating camera evidence to determine whether it is sufficient get close pass infringement issued.

2: Visually communicating the infringement for maximum impact.

3: Packaging up the documentation and video to ensure police can't ignore you (includes sample submissions that can be used as a template).

Good to see that's all still available, without me getting constantly peppered by WordPress pingbacks where others had stolen my other IP from the site. And thanks for your tick of approval @find_bruce, that means a lot.

Unfortunately, the images and PDF documents haven't been retained by the Wayback Machine, so if people want copies of the example documents you are welcome to message me here or (preferably) reach out to Bicycle NSW via their contact page and request them from the Chair of the advocacy Committee (me).

While on the subject of Bicycle NSW, while we don't insist on people being members before our team offers help, it would be nice if people remembered we are a member-funded organisation. We get no government assistance.

To be able to continue the excellent work they do on your behalf, our hardworking team needs to be able to afford to keep food on the table for their families and pay rent. Good people are not cheap.

So if you consider what our team does in speaking truth to power to be important and valuable, it would be greatly appreciated if you could join the family and become a member, or make a donation: https://bicyclensw.org.au/bnsw-membership/