Punneet Puneet extradition status

redsonic

Re: Punneet Puneet extradition status

Postby redsonic » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:11 am

ABC News has a slightly different take on the story, with the defence lawyer emphasising poor Puneet's medical worries:

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:18 am

I have no issue with him dying in gaol. An Australian gaol.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:46 pm

redsonic wrote:ABC News has a slightly different take on the story, with the defence lawyer emphasising poor Puneet's medical worries:

Well, we can send a plane specially fitted out with all the medical equipment to bring him back, and here he shall receive top medical treatment, and as a bonus, experience our legal system.

outnabike

Postby outnabike » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:23 pm

I would like the bloke to get a real break. Some where between the shoulders and the ears seems about right.
Vivente World Randonneur complete with panniers

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:37 pm

His lawyer said the now 27-year-old Puneet had acknowledged that his actions were "negligent", but said they were not "deliberate".

Um so tell me again how you accidentally get drunk & drive at 148 km/h

Andrew09

Postby Andrew09 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:43 am

Nothing wrong with him. As so the story continues. He says he doesn't want to come back to Australia as Aussies are racist. That is the first thing he has got right. As an Aussie I cannot tolerate idiots , no matter where you are from. I'm sure an Indian hospital will cure him.

BJL

Postby BJL » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:02 am

If he'd stayed and faced the music at the time, he would have gotten fines for drink driving and speeding and probably would have already completed any jail sentence (if any) for killing someone. They might have even tried to deport him back to where he is now but ironically, I'm guessing he would have fought deportation to stay here.

Cheesewheel

Postby Cheesewheel » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:14 am

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/national ... ition.html

Staging yet another appeal in Delhi against extradition. The hearing is set for sept 5. On the plus side there is no mention of being prevented from travel on medical grounds .... so at least that part of his shenanigans seems to be no longer in play.
Go!Run!GAH!

jules21

Postby jules21 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:58 pm

Andrew09 wrote:He says he doesn't want to come back to Australia as Aussies are racist. .
this is good news. it seems to suggest his lawyers are relying on legal arguments to prevent extradition, rather than what I would worry more about - palm greasing.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:09 pm

Andrew09 wrote:Nothing wrong with him. As so the story continues. He says he doesn't want to come back to Australia as Aussies are racist. That is the first thing he has got right. As an Aussie I cannot tolerate idiots , no matter where you are from. I'm sure an Indian hospital will cure him.
Ooooh, poor puneet.

I feel for him, I really do. NOT.

Be a man and face justice. It'll be much fairer here than anywhere else.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:48 pm

If the majority of Australians over the past 10 years have any problem with Indians maybe this dishonourable coward should look to himself as the cause.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:11 am

Nah....it's the way they always call me mate at the quickymart. Did I go to school with you???? No? Then I'm not your mate. There's a lot to be said for American hospitality manners.

Cyclophiliac

Postby Cyclophiliac » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:17 am

MichaelB wrote:
Andrew09 wrote:Nothing wrong with him. As so the story continues. He says he doesn't want to come back to Australia as Aussies are racist. That is the first thing he has got right. As an Aussie I cannot tolerate idiots , no matter where you are from. I'm sure an Indian hospital will cure him.
Ooooh, poor puneet.

I feel for him, I really do. NOT.

Be a man and face justice. It'll be much fairer here than anywhere else.
Will it? Given our pathetic legal system, he'll get off with little or no punishment, and the victim's family will suffer for the rest of their lives.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:52 am

Mulger bill wrote:If the majority of Australians over the past 10 years have any problem with Indians maybe this dishonourable coward should look to himself as the cause.
I can't believe he thinks we are racist... I have many colleagues and friends who are Indian, they are all wonderful - gracious and down to earth.

Anyone would think this guy is trying to avoid facing justice...

Let's prove to him how generous we are and send a specially equipped medical evacuation jet (which we do have) and see that he gets the absolute best of medical care for his treatment on the flight and here when he is in Australia. And then he can also face justice!

BJL

Postby BJL » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:01 am

The comments in the Herald Sun today make me angry. Not that they universally brand Puneet Punnet a coward form playing the 'race' card and that he should face the legal system here.

But that if Puneet Puneet had hit and killed a cyclist, he would have been almost applauded by the ferals with renewed calls for cyclists to pay rego and that it's our own fault if we get hit by motorists and all sorts of thinly veiled threats and derogatory comments. The same people who condemn Puneet Puneet for his actions are guilty of the same thing against cyclists.

jules21

Postby jules21 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:12 pm

Mulger bill wrote:If the majority of Australians over the past 10 years have any problem with Indians maybe this dishonourable coward should look to himself as the cause.
what's funny is media reporting that the local Indian community has trashed him for saying that :lol:

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:28 pm

jules21 wrote:
what's funny is media reporting that the local Indian community has trashed him for saying that :lol:
I've been following this whole sorry saga since he absconded, including reports from Indian news sources. And even they and the general populace (which I assume is Puneets intended audience) do not seem interested in Puneet's constant theme of racism. And I am unaware of any noticeable interference from local politicians either.

While I have mostly looked at english language news, I have, on occasion, also used Google Translation with similar results. India is not as tribal and jingoistic as we may think. Certainly in this case they do not appear to be so.
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

jules21

Postby jules21 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:45 am

ColinOldnCranky wrote:While I have mostly looked at english language news, I have, on occasion, also used Google Translation with similar results. India is not as tribal and jingoistic as we may think. Certainly in this case they do not appear to be so.
I've traveled to India and they are very hospitable. They have their problems but they would understand Puneet is just dodging jail.

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:44 am

Poor chap "He's in bad shape" now confined to a wheelchair, for no explained reason, wears a surgical mask for some unstated illness, has liver problems and schizophrenia.

All he wants is for it all to be over so he can spend time at home - you know unlike his victim Dean Hofstee.

To think it could all have been over if he had not fled the country. Still if he is that worried about Australian gaols, personally I would be satisfied if he served his sentence in an Indian gaol.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:46 pm

He will get much better health care in an Australian prison

I'm betting that when [if] he is convicted in Australia, he will get a much bigger sentence for escaping the country than he will for the death
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:27 pm

find_bruce wrote:Poor chap "He's in bad shape" now confined to a wheelchair, for no explained reason, wears a surgical mask for some unstated illness, has liver problems and schizophrenia.
Schizophrenia? Still? I thought ended once he got out of Australia and could resume his real identity?

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:15 pm

find_bruce wrote:Poor chap "He's in bad shape" now confined to a wheelchair, for no explained reason, wears a surgical mask for some unstated illness, has liver problems and schizophrenia.
fat and old wrote:Schizophrenia? Still? I thought ended once he got out of Australia and could resume his real identity?
"Schizophrenia is a mental disorder characterized by abnormal social behavior and failure to understand what is real. Common symptoms include false beliefs, unclear or confused thinking, ... reduced social engagement and emotional expression ..."

[sarcasm] Sounds about right - Puneet behaviour in driving at a speed & in a manner dangerous, was abnormal, he falsely believes that he is being unfairly treated just because he recklessly killed someone, falsely believes he needs a wheelchair. He is apparently unable to express any empathy for his victims nor even any acknowledgment that he was at fault.[/sarcasm]

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:22 pm

And the Indian legal system limps on with no decision as Puneet continues to fight extradition to Australia. In good news he is now well enough to abandon the wheelchair

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:56 pm

So old mate wants the victims family to drop the case cos he’s suffered enough

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/my-li ... 0fdll.html

Good luck with that scumbo

cycles gitane
Location: Near the Dandenong Creek cycle trail, Eastern Melbourne

Postby cycles gitane » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:25 pm

Premier Daniel Andrews pushes for Indian government to back extradition of Puneet Puneet

PREMIER Daniel Andrews has lobbied Indian officials to support the extradition of killer driver Puneet Puneet.

Mr Andrews — on an official visit to India — “firmly but respectfully” told local External Affairs Minister, M J Akbar, that Puneet must face justice in Victoria.

cut ........

“Puneet Puneet asked for forgiveness — there can be no forgiveness until there is justice,” Mr Andrews said.

“It is only right that this coward be returned to Victoria to face the courts, and if convicted, serve his time just like any other prisoner. It is what Victorians want, it is what his victim’s family wants — and it is what he deserves.”

more here:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-or ... d0fb088366

OR this story:
http://www.news.com.au/national/breakin ... d787905fcb

10 years is too long to wait for justice for the deceased.

cycles gitane
There is NO room in the shed for the next bike! New shed rqd.