Anyone received a response from NSW minister or RMS

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Anyone received a response from NSW minister or RMS

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:52 am

A question of curiosity for cycling advocates and if anyone has ever received a response from Minister Pavey or from the RMS regarding bike riding queries / concerns in NSW?

Since MP Pavey took over from Duncan Gay, I have penned a few letters requesting information on the agenda and budgets and apart from the automatic confirmation, have not received a single reply by email or post. As a detail, I have been addressing MP Pavey (Minister for Roads, Maritime and Freight) rather than MP Constance (Minister for Transport and Infrastructure).

Even staffers from Duncan Gay managed two responses in his entire term... a very poor response rate but it is still two more than the current minister.

Cheers
Christopher
Cycling is in my BNA

trailgumby

Re: Anyone received a response from NSW minister or RMS

Postby trailgumby » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:40 am

Under Duncan Gay's watch I received a relatively detailed response in relation to the Frenchs Forest Hospital roadworks. However, I feel that was only because I went through my local member, Brad Hazzard, then NSW Attorney General.

Perhaps if you went through your (previous) local member?

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:51 am

I got a call from Brad Hazzard and he deserves the credit for taking on residents concerns and attempting to represent these. The past premier (stokes) also wrote, not a canned letter either. From Duncan Gay I got canned letters with self-praise and followed up on the phone. Under MP Pavey I don't event get canned letters.
Cycling is in my BNA

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:34 pm

AUbicycles wrote:I got a call from Brad Hazzard and he deserves the credit for taking on residents concerns and attempting to represent these. The past premier (stokes) also wrote, not a canned letter either. From Duncan Gay I got canned letters with self-praise and followed up on the phone. Under MP Pavey I don't event get canned letters.
Disappointing. Was it you who met her before her pre-ministerial days riding in a charity event, or was that find_bruce?

I suspect she's been drowned in anti-WestConnex complaint and has simply elected to not reply to anyone. That way she can't be accused of favortism! :roll:

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:54 pm

trailgumby wrote:Disappointing. Was it you who met her before her pre-ministerial days riding in a charity event, or was that find_bruce?
That would be me. Like you, so far I have been very disappointed. Even government MPs had difficulty getting a response from Drunken Gay, so to be worse than that is a sad indictment.

It seems she has adopted the old saying "if you've nothing good to say, say nothing"

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:36 pm

I don't recall seeing anything from the minister on the news or whatever. Sure seems to be taking the silent path

If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

hunch

Postby hunch » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:44 am

She's been on the news the last couple of weeks in response to the road toll, this week, she was briefly questioned about this -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ydney.html

where she said it would be an invasion of privacy. :roll:

You'd think this then, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHD1qF6mbww is just window dressing.

Local member here who replaced smiling Mike is too useless to respond to any questions, despite not having any ministerial chores....so must be widespread in the ranks!

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:41 pm

hunch wrote:She's been on the news the last couple of weeks in response to the road toll, this week, she was briefly questioned about this -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ydney.html

where she said it would be an invasion of privacy. :roll:
Ah, yes. People roll that out whenever they don't want to do something. Load of rubbish and it makes me angry. The conversation contents may be private but front windscreens are transparent. So long as you don't record the conversation there is no reasonable expectation of privacy. Someone really needs to pop that balloon.