Drivers who cycle make half the insurance claims of non-cycling drivers and are better drivers

Calvin27

Re: Drivers who cycle make half the insurance claims of non-cycling drivers and are better drivers

Postby Calvin27 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:44 am

I don't care why. Just lower my premiums lol.
Heavy road bike
Cushy dirt bike
Very cushy dirt bike
Bike crushed by car (RIP)
No brakes bike
Ebike

opik_bidin

Re: Drivers who cycle make half the insurance claims of non-cycling drivers and are better drivers

Postby opik_bidin » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:32 pm

Arbuckle23 wrote:
mikesbytes wrote:I have this image of cars pulling out of a side street resulting in a T-boning and I'm ready to react whenever a motor vehicle approaches from a side street. I'm sure this reflex wouldn't be there while driving if I weren't a cyclist
I tend to watch them closely even when driving a car.
SMIDSY happens no matter what your mode of transport.
SMIDSY happens less if you were in a weaker position(pedestrian/cyclist) and were crashed/nearly crashed

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:57 pm

opik_bidin wrote:
Arbuckle23 wrote:
mikesbytes wrote:I have this image of cars pulling out of a side street resulting in a T-boning and I'm ready to react whenever a motor vehicle approaches from a side street. I'm sure this reflex wouldn't be there while driving if I weren't a cyclist
I tend to watch them closely even when driving a car.
SMIDSY happens no matter what your mode of transport.
SMIDSY happens less if you were in a weaker position(pedestrian/cyclist) and were crashed/nearly crashed
Agree, people are better at seeing what is going to hurt them
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?