Owners of 2014 Domane 5.2

flashpixx

Owners of 2014 Domane 5.2

Postby flashpixx » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:38 pm

What do you think of the saddle? It has a rise at the back that I find myself sliding down. It seems to differ from other seats as it isn't more or less flat along the length of the seat. I'm off to the LBS to most probably get a different saddle. Bit disappointed.

I have been fitted to the bike by a pro, no longer get sore knees or thighs, the only issue is the saddle. Pushing the back of the saddle down to make it flat results in the front causing discomfort in the ghoulies. :shock:
Gordon

Riding: Trek Domane SLR 7

herzog

Re: Owners of 2014 Domane 5.2

Postby herzog » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:55 am

Simple answer - change the saddle, don't persevere with a saddle that doesn't work for you just because "it came with the bike"

Saddles are very personal to each individual. One that works really well for some riders, will be awful for others. Best solution is to find the saddle that works for you and put the same one on all your bikes.

rjk

Postby rjk » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:48 am

i have tek domane project 1 , i swapped out the saddle to a selle smp lite 209, because i know that it works for me
Boardman CX pro now the commuter, Salsa Casseroll, Trek Domane

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:42 am

It's all taste... that sliding down feel? Why is your saddle so far forward? The sliding should be forcing you to use the best position above the bottom bracket. As you move backwards, you are putting pressure in the knees differently. This is often undesirable. Plus, you can lift the nose up so you aren't getting forced forward without need.

Some need different things, and you don't want to use a bad saddle, but remember that different riders use their saddles differently. Have a look at Fizik's Snake vs Bull videos. It highlights how different some of us are to others.

flashpixx

Postby flashpixx » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:05 am

swapped the saddle for the one on the FX... not sure it is any better but at least I wasn't sliding forward
Gordon

Riding: Trek Domane SLR 7