question for recent synapse owners

mikgit

question for recent synapse owners

Postby mikgit » Thu May 30, 2013 12:54 am

OK I have a 2012 Syanapse carbon 3, it comes with DT RR1600 wheels and schwalbe Durano tyres. It says they are tubeless, does anyone know if they are actually tubeless or tubeless ready out of the box? I know I could let them down and find out, but I'd rather not do that.

I find that they loose a bit of air over not a lot of time, I usually pump up to a bit over 100psi and usually within a few days they are down to 80, but not sure if thats a road bike thing, a tubeless thing or a me thing. A bit new to tubless, I do have some on a mtb, which go flat over night, so I am probably doing something wrong (my main mtb with tubes will stay up for months...).
Fat Chance Yo Eddy 2.2, Intense Sniper XC Pro, Look 675, Cervelo R3, GT Xizang, GT Zaskar, Yeti ARC, DiamondBack Apex

ironhanglider

Re: question for recent synapse owners

Postby ironhanglider » Thu May 30, 2013 11:15 pm

This is not a Cannondale question.

It is either a DT question or a Schwalbe question.

A brief look at the Schwalbe website shows only one model of road tubeless tyre. None of the 5 Durano models are tubeless compatible so you are likely to have tubed tyres on tubeless compatible wheels.

20psi over a few days is not terribly unusual but is annoying. Air leaches out of tubes and does so faster with lighter tubes and higher pressures, latex tubes lose air even faster. Lighter tubes roll faster and weigh less, so a performance weenie will cop the inconvenience of pumping tyres before every ride. If you're not that way inclined, you can get some heavier tubes (usually the cheaper ones) which should work better. You need a decent vertical pump at home anyway.

Cheers,

Cameron

mikgit

Re: question for recent synapse owners

Postby mikgit » Fri May 31, 2013 9:24 am

Yeah fair point, just figured if someone had one and had changed a tube in the last year could bring in an easy result.

Of course if i had been paying any attention at all i would have seen that while I was certain there was a tubeless decal on the tyre, there is in fact none. SO that combined with the valve not looking like my mtb tubeless valve... just dopey I guess, or shouldn't think about these things at 1am...

Good to know that loosing that much pressure over a few days isn't un-normal, and I don't mind pumping it up, have a track pump it's all good, just a couple of pumps per tyre.

Still, now I know, cheers.
Fat Chance Yo Eddy 2.2, Intense Sniper XC Pro, Look 675, Cervelo R3, GT Xizang, GT Zaskar, Yeti ARC, DiamondBack Apex