Giant Propel Advanced 0 / Pro 0

RideLikeTheWind

Giant Propel Advanced 0 / Pro 0

Postby RideLikeTheWind » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:51 pm

Hi all,

I posted this in the Giant section, but thought I might add it here too...

I am in the market for a new bike and have pretty well decided on the Propel Advanced 0. I have a 2012 Tarmac ATM (which I will sell) and due to triathlon and other racing, would prefer something I can use for both road and tri. The benefit of the Propel is the Di2 at a pretty reasonable price point (on the Ad0), which means I can put tri bars and switches on easily when I need them.

The question is - will the upgrade REALLY make that much difference between the Pro and the Pro 0? I need Di2, so can't go another model, and I definitely cannot afford the SL (as much as I would prefer it).

Also, what is the consensus on the wheel set? Is the Ad0 wheel set decent enough?

I can wait, if I need to, to get the 'right' one. I rode the Ad0 and was impressed with it for sure - stiff, light (for all of 2km anyway).

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Joe

Duck!
Expert

Re: Giant Propel Advanced 0 / Pro 0

Postby Duck! » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:31 pm

Giant's wheels are reasonable, but nothing special - they've addressed the issues that plagued their earlier models so durability is not much concern now.

To fit aerobars, and specifically the associated shift switches you'd need to change the Di2 junction box to the 5-port version in order to plug them in tidily & easily detachably; the stock setup only has the 3-port box (no provision to plug the extra cables in without getting messy).
I had a thought, but it got run over as it crossed my mind.

RideLikeTheWind

Re: Giant Propel Advanced 0 / Pro 0

Postby RideLikeTheWind » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:07 am

Yeah that's what I was thinking re the wheels. Just not sure what the *best* option is. Maybe just get the cheaper model and get better wheels for racing.