Forum Newsletter Subscription

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Forum Newsletter Subscription

Postby AUbicycles » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:54 pm

Dear Forum members,
When you sign up, but default you are opted-in to receive forum newsletters. While these are irregular and have forum relevant information, you may chose to opt-out.

You can do this here: ucp.php?i=165" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Here is the location inside your forum preferences: User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit Global Settings.

Simply chose 'no' to receive the forum emails and save. This will not affect email notifications such as 'watched topic' or 'PM' notifications - these settings can also be adjusted.

--

PLEASE NOTE - if you simply click 'unsubscribe' - this does not automatically deactivate your forum preferences. Only you can change your newsletter settings.

However, as we want our forum newsletters / emails to comply with laws - but even more, to respect your preferences, if you chose the automatic unsubscribe option, and don't read the text which briefly describes who to opt-out, then we have no choice but to deactivate your member account. Of course it can be manually activated again by me (admin) but if you don't change your newsletter settings you will get future newsletters.

If there was a technical solution that was easier, of course this would be done, however please understand that we are trying to respect the preferences of our members, while also retaining the valuable newsletter facility.

Also refer to this: Has your member account been unexpectedly deactivated?
Cycling is in my BNA