Photos from Eurobike 2017 - Newest bikes and gear

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Photos from Eurobike 2017 - Newest bikes and gear

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:41 am

Hello from Lake Constance in Southern Germany.

The world's biggest bike show is on again and we have highlights from the show. If you have any questions or even requests, just ask and if time allows, I will check out the brands or (try to) get questions answered.

I will leave the photos here uncommented, but if you checkout the pages with photos, details are provided.
You can also follow some highlights on twitter and instagram @bicyclesnetau

Day 1: New, Wild and Wonderful Bikes and Gear from Eurobike 2017

I am also joined this year by Alexander Weishaupt who has also covered Eurobike for a number of years for BNA so will have plenty more photos and information to share after the show.

Christopher
Cycling is in my BNA

MichaelB

Re: Photos from Eurobike 2017 - Newest bikes and gear

Postby MichaelB » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:15 am

The Exustar shoes are very much like the bathtub type last that Bont and Lake use.

Is it mouldable ?

rodneycc

Postby rodneycc » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:24 pm

If you are testing any new bikes on Demo day a review of the new Propel would be good :-)

Edit: Actually, doesn't look like Giant is there in the exhibitors list?
2013 BMC TM SLR01;2013/14 Bianchi Inf CV
2013 Lynskey Helix;2013 XACD Ti Di2
2013 Giant TCR Adv SL1;2014 Giant Defy Adv SL

battler2

Postby battler2 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:29 pm

just wondering if canyon are there? and if so, are there any updates (ie. 2018 model) for the dude fatbike? reason i ask is, if there's no new model/paint job, the 2017 models won't go into clearance probably, so i can buy now. otherwise i'll wait. you could save me hundreds! :)

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:13 am

Latest from Rotor and their hydraulic group set ?

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:19 am

Hi
Giant and Canyon are not there.... but BMC is (which contracts my understanding from day one and the floor plan info. ).

Can't say much about the fatbike, except that I have a good talk to Surly (essentially the inventor of fatbikes) and they appear really passionate.

Exustar are not mouldable... I suggest G8 innersoles which are mouldable and reasonably priced.

I have been in contact with Giant Australia over the course of 15 years, have visited them and met key staff (and MD) and hope one day that they are ready to to take it to the next level and are prepared to share bike information and even discuss a bike reviews. They are the most popular bike among BNA readers in terms of ownership.

Day Two: Hot bikes and gear – photos from Eurobike Day 2

Cycling is in my BNA

sir_camel

Postby sir_camel » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:06 am

Anything 'new' from Ritchey?
Bikes Bikes Bikes

rodneycc

Postby rodneycc » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:17 pm

.... The guy's expression in the last photo sums it up... What The..... are these for ??? :-)

Some pics from the BMC stand would be good. The new BMC Team Machine SLR01 disc maybe (the one that Richie Porte wasn't on!).

Gee hard job that one Christopher :-)
2013 BMC TM SLR01;2013/14 Bianchi Inf CV
2013 Lynskey Helix;2013 XACD Ti Di2
2013 Giant TCR Adv SL1;2014 Giant Defy Adv SL

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:37 pm

Curious about the outside dimensions of the new Zipp disc brake rims which are 21mm internal and optimised for 28mm tyres.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:48 am

Some feedback on questions:

- Couldn't find Zipp again, but have a few miore hours tomorrow and will try and find them.

- Will share some photos from BMC, only putting on a few but the new team machine does look nice.

- Ritchey wern't available to talk (not many staff) but they did have a revisited classic frame and I can share details later...
frames are looking nice but I think they have a slower turnaround so are not trying to wow each year with a crazy new release.

- For Rotor, there is a photo of their new hub (they now do hubs). Also got photos of the Uno hydraulic disc and spent a lot of time. They say that you need to trim and it feels more mechanical than Di2. Also, for after-market (customer) sales, each region is deciding when to launch so they are launching in Europe but not yet in the US... and I have to enquire about Australia. It is fairly limited and exclusive (i.e. low volume).

Only a few more hours... it is public day on Saturday so chaos and not much fun for anyone, so and travelling back and will just pop in to check on some other stands / brands I missed.

Check out the BNA twitter and instagram (both @bicyclesnetau) as I have also been sharing other stuff including historial bikes and bits which is nice eyecandy for enthusiasts.

I am commuting 15km to the show by bike... with the constant rain am permanently soaked... though have a complete change of clothes (including shoes) to ensure I am dry. But on the return trip with everything pitch black, I got a little lost through the fields and wonder if I accidentally crossed any international borders on the unexpectedly long detour back to where I am staying (and all that with a healthy dose of rain from head to toe).

Lots more photos: Latest bikes and Gear from Eurobike – Day 3

Cheers
Christopher
Cycling is in my BNA

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:51 am

Well bike24 have taken a photo of an branded continental bottom bracket geared bike with belt drive. Posted a photo in the touring section
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:26 pm

Good to see the millions you make from your BNA empire are being well spent, he says, tongue firmly planted in cheek.

I notice there are airless tyres. Any other horsemen of the cycling apocalypse, shaft drive or automatic gears? Funky saddles & oval chainrings seem a given

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:31 pm

Continental have the 48er (as in Volt) prime and revolution mid drive e-bike motors, the later is with a Nuvinci internal geared hub. Belt drives are 'easy' to setup for most motors and the yellow 75,000 Euro Bugatti has this motor... as a strong brand with new product, they have to convince OEMs to use their system.... heaps more photos I can still share.

Travelling around by bike is awesome except for the rain and doing the complete clothes change... if I did take the Limo I would however be stuck in the 25km traffic jams.

Flear is interesting and will share more though it costs $450 Aus. Will test tannus, apparantly improved for road but still with high drag.

The Tacx trainer with treadmill and ability to change altitude is fascinating... but otherwise Bike Packing is the clear trend that is small now but about to explode.
Cycling is in my BNA

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:06 pm

No luck getting info about the Zipps but hopefully the marketing contact comes through as info filters painfully slow to SRAM Australia.

A number of brands already packed up and left to avoid the families and seniors for the public day. It started quiet which was nice but is now fuller... and have of the staff at the stands have left so hard to get info.
Cycling is in my BNA

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:22 am

Final day... and go the post and photos ready
Bike and Gear Highlights from Germany’s Eurobike – Day 4

The new Giro Xnetic knitted shows. Water repellant, design to be as stiff as regular shows and far more breathable.

The new Garmin Edge 1030

The Giro vanquish aero helmet features two styrofoam shells of different density (inside softer, outside harder) as well as MIPs (yellow) safety-net system.

Zipp 650b tubuar discs (but still no dimensions as requested...)

Shimano Dura Ace crank with cut-away
Cycling is in my BNA

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:08 am

AUbicycles wrote:
Only a few more hours... it is public day on Saturday so chaos and not much fun for anyone,

Cheers
Christopher
Oh, you poor things!! :lol: :wink:

Nice pics here. :D

Mike Ayling

Postby Mike Ayling » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:08 am

[quote="AUbicycles"]Hi

Good to see the Rolls saddle is still around.

I have one on each of my bikes.

Mike
Recreational e bikes - for the sick, lame and lazy!