Scott Foil saddle upgrade clamp HELP?

trippyho

Scott Foil saddle upgrade clamp HELP?

Postby trippyho » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:15 pm

Hi, i have a Scott Foil 20, 2013 model and it has a Ritchey seatpost and clamp.

The problem is that I have just bought a new saddle, a Prologo Zero2 Pas Carbon saddle and discovered that the rails wont fit on the current clamp. Therefore I will need to buy a replacement clamp, and was wondering if anyone knows which clamp I need to buy or at least tell me what the rail sizing is.

I've looked around the internet and couldn't find anything in regards to sizing but did find replacement clamps on wiggle but not sure which one would be compatible with my new saddle as it comes in 2 size options. http://www.this link is broken/ritchey-seat-po ... oy-1-bolt/

So if anyone has upgraded their Scott foil with a Prologo saddle with carbon rails can you please help and point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

danny the boy

Re: Scott Foil saddle upgrade clamp HELP?

Postby danny the boy » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:39 pm

You'll have to measure it with a caliper if you can lend one from somewhere. I've got the same saddle which fitted on my Giant no problems but I looked at that link and noticed they need different ones for Selle and Fizik, of which I've used all 3 no problem. I think they need to change the clamp design because that is ridiculous.

trippyho

Postby trippyho » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:04 pm

So when you say you've used all 3, does that mean any of the 2 larger ones worked with your prologo saddle?
So if I get the 8x8.5mm size one (Current one in stock) that should work right?

Also i've googled some more and found a website http://www.probikeshop.com/prologo-zero ... 84181.html stating that the saddle rail is carbon Ovale 7x8.2mm. (Not the exact same saddle model but same family but i figure rail size will be the same)

danny the boy

Postby danny the boy » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:26 pm

Yeah I've used all 3 on the same bike but thats on a Giant seat post so its a different clamp. For some reason Ritchey are saying you need a different clamp for Fizik and Selle.

TMjpn

Postby TMjpn » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:38 pm

I had this issue in the last month and bought a new ritchey mono bolt clampset to fit my saddle of choice..

The 7mm version I got is for Selle Italia, however it worked for my Ritchey WCS carbon rail saddle.

I would think that if that clamp does happen to be too big, it would be little work to 'shim' it to size. Tho, given the decent amount of clamping clearance I have left on mine, I think the Selle Italia version would be fine off the bat.

Hope this helps

TMjpn

Postby TMjpn » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:08 pm

I just realized my ritchey saddle has the same rails as Selle Italia..

So as someone suggested, best to measure up your saddle rail depth so you sna make the right choice..

From eyeballing it, it looks to be covered by a Selle clamp (The rails appear to be quite ovalised)but best measure to be sure:

Wakatuki

Postby Wakatuki » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:32 pm

I did have a trial saddle that needed a clamp change, luckily the guys in the shop loaned me that too at $70!
Not 100% but the original saddle had round tubes, the loaner had oval.
If I could find the correct saddle on the net I could help you further, but you are on the right path.

trippyho

Postby trippyho » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:13 am

Okay so I've contacted Scott, Ritchey and Prologo a few days back asking for clarification and overnight Prologo Italy has gotten back to me and confirmed that the rail sizing for the Zero2 Nack Carbon rail is 7x9.5mm, so it looks like I will be ordering the 7x9.6mm ritchey seat adapter even though most forum say that the 8x8.5 will do...

Only problem is that it's out of stock in most places :( But once I do get my hands on it I will confirm if it fits or not, and hopefully it will help someone else about there with the same problem :)

trippyho

Postby trippyho » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:55 pm

Okay to anyone who cares or thinks of upgrading, I've just installed my new Prologo zero2 nack carbon saddle (Picture attached) using the Fizik ritchey clamp (7x9.6mm). But be aware to anyone else upgrading to a Prologo saddle, only the NACK rails use the Fizik clamp, all others uses the Selle clamp kit (as told by a Prologo rep). But best advice contact Prologo directly if you have any doubts...