Shimano 600 Toe Clip & Strap Pedals

Becker_11

Shimano 600 Toe Clip & Strap Pedals

Postby Becker_11 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:08 am

Last night on ebay I finally found a pair of Shimano 600 (not Ultegra) toe clip and strap pedals for sale the ones with the little wings at the front of the pedal body that offer 2 additional points of contact over regular clip n strap pedals.

Here is a link to another pair on ebay just so you can see what I'm referring to.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Shimano ... 27e5261b49" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyway they don't include the toe clips or straps so I was hoping someone here may know where I could find a pair in the large size. They are unique in the way they bolt to the pedal so only the original part will be suitable for the job.

The 600 clips were metal whereas the 105 variant was grey plastic. I'm hoping to track down the 600 metal clips if at all possible.

I used to ride these pedals way back before I got married and for some inexplicable reason sold them. I've never stopped looking for them since so I'm stoked to have finally found a pair
Regards
Nathaniel

A great adventure starts with a single step

newy101

Re: Shimano 600 Toe Clip & Strap Pedals

Postby newy101 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:48 pm

I have a set (pedals, clips I tjink in large and metal screw down plate, plus I have some leather staps somewhere) I was about to list FS. mine look the same as that ebay add (pd-6207). A mate has the 600 tri-color ones on a lemond think they were 6402 or the like. pM me if interested, I may even have a second set floating around somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KGB

Postby KGB » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:39 pm

The other hard part is finding the cleats. The proper ones with the wings/tabs at the front are pretty costly!
Of course you can just use the regular modern cleats.

Becker_11

Postby Becker_11 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:55 pm

I've seen them for sale so I'm not too fussed & yes I do want the original winged cleat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Regards
Nathaniel

A great adventure starts with a single step