CX Bike Gallery

RobM

Re: CX Bike Gallery

Postby RobM » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:24 am

mitchy_ wrote: Image
TCX looks nice mate. Good to see my RH shifter will go to good use with the 1x10 setup.

Some minor cockpit adjustments on my Felt CXA. Took it out to a very dry and dusty Gap Creek and tested some different tyre pressures. The Brisbane area is a tinderbox at the moment, need a shower or two to green things up abit.

mitchy_

Postby mitchy_ » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:45 am

RobM wrote:
TCX looks nice mate. Good to see my RH shifter will go to good use with the 1x10 setup.
it's taken pride of place on the Threshold.. the one one there was starting to feel a bit funny, i suspect it's broken the shifter internals like your left one did!

would love to take one of mine up to gap creek one day. i've never been there, how much is actually rideable on a CX?

baabaa

Postby baabaa » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:53 am

Rob, if you are riding that sort of single track maybe grab a quick release seat post clamp? Makes dropping the saddle easy and the tight corners coming off a slope or a hill much more fun than going over the bars. Maybe just me but I find youl get more out of your bike as you start your off tar ride drop your height, finish your ride raise to normal and ride home.

RobM

Postby RobM » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:02 am

mitchy_ wrote: would love to take one of mine up to gap creek one day. i've never been there, how much is actually rideable on a CX?
I rode all the trails there last weekend - sure some were slower going than others. But other than strict downhill trails, I reckon any single track is rideable on a CX bike. Even with my amatuer skills :)
baabaa wrote:Rob, if you are riding that sort of single track maybe grab a quick release seat post clamp? Makes dropping the saddle easy and the tight corners coming off a slope or a hill much more fun than going over the bars. Maybe just me but I find youl get more out of your bike as you start your off tar ride drop your height, finish your ride raise to normal and ride home.
Yeah good idea I'll have to find one. I'd love to get a dropper post - it's on the wish list one day. I used to ride MTB a little bit so I'm okay riding with the current setup. I've only had one stack in a rock garden where the front wheel got jammed and I went OTB. Lower seat position might not have helped me with that one. :lol:

cancan64

Postby cancan64 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:01 pm

I have taken mine on single tracks in Bayview conservation park in the redlands.. The fast sections were more fun on the CX bike but prefer the 29er for getting over obstacles... Having said that it was the first weekend with the CX bike so I was a bit cautious
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

lard

Postby lard » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:46 pm

CX, Chris Akrigg style..

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:17 pm

Nice vid. Note the common sense saddle to bar height. None of that, I've got to look "pro" with slammed stem and stupid, I've got no control offroad, saddle to bar drop.

There's no control in technical stuff with your hands stretched out on the hoods. In the drops is where it's at. You can't get into them if your saddle to bar drop is to much.

albertgaleano

Postby albertgaleano » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:59 pm

I try to ride Gap creek a couple a times a month, my fav is South Boundary trail to Nebo on the Cx, I find on most trails I can keep up with the Mtb guys, you just need to choose your line and always be on a look out for what's up ahead.

dalai47

Postby dalai47 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:35 pm

singlespeedscott wrote:In the drops is where it's at. You can't get into them if your saddle to bar drop is to much.
As Svenness* always states - drops for descents. :wink:

*If you haven't stumbled across the CXHAIRS videos - Svenness and LikeAVos are series reviewing the International CX races. Well worth a watch! http://vimeo.com/cxhairs

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:08 pm

Good vids.

tomee

Postby tomee » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:27 pm

picked this up recently

ComradeSpear

Postby ComradeSpear » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:52 am

Cmm wrote:Imagephoto (19) by d2dfitness23, on Flickr

The new cx. as the last few posts its going to use up spare parts laying around :) pics of built version to come

Hi mate.

Nice frame! i was looking at the yellow one but this one looks better.
Have you built yet?

where did you buy the frame from?

mitchy_

Postby mitchy_ » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:02 pm

beginning to think the plain carbon wheels look a bit boring... my other wheels with logo's seem to look a bit nicer.
tried some pinstriping tape in a "random" fashion.. however i think it appeared better in my head, i dont think i like it. perhaps i should have used it a little more sparingly. :?

Dirty32

Postby Dirty32 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:41 pm

I think you need to do the rear wheel before you can properly tell what it'll look like complete... I dont think it looks overly bad. I can't help but feeling that it might look better if it was a bit more uniform, rather than "random" as you say.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:43 pm

Blurk! ... Mud looks better ;-)

caneye

Postby caneye » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:20 pm

silentbutdeadly

Postby silentbutdeadly » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:52 pm

toolonglegs wrote:Blurk! ... Mud looks better ;-)
Mitchy? Mud? [emoji3]
Ours is not to reason why...merely to point and giggle

mitchy_

Postby mitchy_ » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:55 pm

silentbutdeadly wrote:
toolonglegs wrote:Blurk! ... Mud looks better ;-)
Mitchy? Mud? [emoji3]
give me a couple of hours. ;)
i'v actually been hanging for some mud to put the TCX to work in.

silentbutdeadly

Postby silentbutdeadly » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:01 pm

Rights here's one of mine. Mainly because it has some new wheels as a result of a financial arrangement with XLR8 Wheels.

It's the Ghettograveller. Start with an early noughties Giant Cypress hybrid frame, an alloy fork from a Scott CX bike (more on that later). a Salsa Woodchopper bar and some bodged 1x10 MTB gearing...and some flash new wheels because the old ones experienced a case of mechanical grumpiness!

mitchy_

Postby mitchy_ » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:20 pm

what brake levers are they?
interesting that you have a flat bar shifter over sram road shifters.

silentbutdeadly

Postby silentbutdeadly » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:25 pm

The levers are TRP Ergo's. The flat bar shifter is a bodge. I had it and the x9 rear derailleur. Still haven't got around to sourcing a bar end and probably won't since it actually works really well. SRAM brifters were same problem - too expensive or hard to find. I'll run this to demolition and....think of something else!

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:59 pm

singlespeedscott wrote:Nice vid. Note the common sense saddle to bar height. None of that, I've got to look "pro" with slammed stem and stupid, I've got no control offroad, saddle to bar drop.

There's no control in technical stuff with your hands stretched out on the hoods. In the drops is where it's at. You can't get into them if your saddle to bar drop is to much.
That's because his saddle is so low... fine for doing tricky stuff for a video, but if you actually wanted to ride fast and make power with out having to stand all the time you would raise your saddle a fair bit. Point is that is mtb terrain, not CX, you would be destroying rims and fixing flats non stop.

mitchy_

Postby mitchy_ » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:01 am

:D
most of the rain washed it off on the way home. :(

god this thing is awesome to ride. compared to my last carbon frame, this soaks up the bumps so much better.

toolonglegs

CX Bike Gallery

Postby toolonglegs » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:40 pm

8-)

mitchy_

Postby mitchy_ » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:51 pm

final piece of the puzzle arrived.. aint no chain drops happening around here.
chain guide off the 2015 TCX Adv Pro 0, replaces the (removable) front derailleur braze on mount.