Surly 2014 catalogue Now Out

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:26 am

Surly's 2014 catalogue is now available for download.

Andrew

Nobody

Re: Surly 2014 catalogue Now Out

Postby Nobody » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:20 pm

Thanks Andrew. :)

Been regularly visiting their site waiting to see what geometry the Straggler had. Good to see they have reach and stack measurements now, which (for example) clearly shows that due to the change in STA, when you go from frame size 46 to 50, the reach only increases by 1.4 mm and the stack is the same. Other than stand over height, I can't see why anyone would want the 46.

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:15 pm

Nobody wrote:Thanks Andrew. :)

Been regularly visiting their site waiting to see what geometry the Straggler had. Good to see they have reach and stack measurements now, which (for example) clearly shows that due to the change in STA, when you go from frame size 46 to 50, the reach only increases by 1.4 mm and the stack is the same. Other than stand over height, I can't see why anyone would want the 46.
Disappointed about the dodgy rear dropouts though. I was hoping for a nice clean vertical dropout.

Nobody

Postby Nobody » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:30 pm

singlespeedscott wrote:Disappointed about the dodgy rear dropouts though. I was hoping for a nice clean vertical dropout.
From what I've seen so far, it looks like you can put screws in the back to make it like vertical. The main thing for me is that it won't accidentally pull forward if the Q/R is too loose as with the semi-horizontal ones now.

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:51 pm

Nobody wrote:
singlespeedscott wrote:Disappointed about the dodgy rear dropouts though. I was hoping for a nice clean vertical dropout.
From what I've seen so far, it looks like you can put screws in the back to make it like vertical. The main thing for me is that it won't accidentally pull forward if the Q/R is too loose as with the semi-horizontal ones now.
I have never had wheel slip in a traditional semi horizontal dropout. However I always use closed cam QR levers. Not modern open cam ones that are rubbish IMO.

It's just that vertical dropouts work a lot better when you want to run discs or mudguards. The wheel always goes in the right spot and everything lines up where it should.