Discounted Surly

Runjikol

Discounted Surly

Postby Runjikol » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:35 pm

I stumbled on this site
http://www.clickbike.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Which has a lot of good discounts on Surly products. Thought it'd be worth sharing.
(I'm not affiliated with them or DirtWorks)
--Current rides: Surly Big Dummy || Dahon Dash P-18 || Surly Troll

just4tehhalibut

Re: Discounted Surly

Postby just4tehhalibut » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:17 am

They're down to their last Surly frames, the LHT in 26" and 42cm size only for $250. Someone scooped up a lot of the Surly bikes and frames and has been selling them on Ebay for a good markup.

What Dirt Works has done recently is add some more Surly bits, if you are looking for spare parts for your front or rear Nice rack (and someone on BNA was) then they have maybe what you need for about $10. Pity they weren't selling the whole racks on special.

MacMan

Postby MacMan » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:44 pm

Has anyone ever had success getting an answer or even just a response from clickbike? I have tried multiple times without any joy.

Espresso_

Postby Espresso_ » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:43 pm

I've emailed them and got a response - it wasn't same day but I don't recall them taking ages either.

Their response was basically saying they aren't the Surly distributor any more and as such they only have odd stuff left to clear.

E

just4tehhalibut

Postby just4tehhalibut » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:25 pm

A friend got to change his bike order before it shipped (a different, unlisted colour) and I'd had them delay shipping by a week when I got called away suddenly, so they do respond well. As to the Surly distribution they lost that last year from QBP in the US, hence the Surly bikes they were selling were the 2013 or earlier models, not the latest with the Jones Loop bars and drivetrain changes. DirtWorks also lost the Salsa distribution from QBP, they'd been selling Salsa stuff as well on Clickbike and were down to just the odd sizes of seat clamp un til suddenly a few weeks ago they started selling Salsa jerseys as well; just like how these Surly Nice rack fittings popped up. In other words I don't think that DirtWorks have a plan to just sell all Surly and Salsa and whatever else stuff all at once, at least nothing that they're going to broadcast, and you'll have to from time to time check the website for new additions. A bit laborious loading these webpages but at least you might come across when they slash prices of already listed products. Tell us if you find anything.

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:04 pm

I just ordered a couple of 29er 2.30 WTB Exiwolf tyres for some Munda Biddi riding as part of my next tour.
I figured $53.90 AUD was ok for two folding tyres delivered to my door wasn't too bad considering the delivery was dearer than the price of a single tyre.
Surly Ogre, Extrawheel trailer.

Mozziediver

Postby Mozziediver » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:00 pm

Just saw this.
Bought an LHT 62 from them back in June. Excellent service, GREAT price, good delivery time, no complaints. Bought some parts back in November, same experience.