Focus Izalco on a Wahoo Kickr

Rissoles

Postby Rissoles » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:47 am

Guys,

Cannot get a straight answer from a LBS, Focus or Wahoo on whether my new Focus Izalco with disc brakes will fit on a wahoo kickr. the rear axle is a RAT through axle system (rear axle technology) so requires an adapter, which wahoo sells. according to the wahoo site "it may fit" - not a lot of comfort in spending $1600 to find out it doesn't. or you 'may' have to removed the rear caliper each time - not exactly a selling point either. But i haven't found a shop that sells Focus and Wahoo who can out one on a trainer for me and tell me for sure.

Wandering there is actually someone that can knows FIRST HAND whether it will fit or not.

Rgs,

Anthony

DG1984

Re: Focus Izalco on a Wahoo Kickr

Postby DG1984 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:43 pm

Call www.wheelhaus.com.au

They sell Focus and Wahoo.

jimothy

Postby jimothy » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:34 am

Hi Anthony,

I've had a customer with the same issue here.

You can use the focus on the trainer but you will need to make a few adjustments on the bike
The rat nut on the drive side of the bike can be swapped out for a dt swiss/rockshox maxle nut that will then allow you to use the wahoo 142/12 adaptor kit. To do this you will need the parts below:
KD325912012 MAXLE NUT REAR
KD325916001 MAXLE NUT KEEPER
That then means you'll also need a 142/12 maxle axle for when you put your wheel back in, or you'll have the ball ache of swapping these nuts over every time you put your bike on the trainer.

Either do that or go for the Elite Drivo, that will allow you to use your current rat thru axle in the unit. All the adaptors for using the 142/12 thru axle come with the drivo out the box. I think its the same story as the kickr for the tacx neo.

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:36 pm

The Drivo definitely equals or betters the Wahoo from what I can ascertain from the reviews.

Bookervab

Postby Bookervab » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:07 am

yeah hope wahoo releases a new update for current kickr users..
Wouldnt want to be dropping on a new kickr