Anyone got a Merida Reacto 7000?

enduro2

Anyone got a Merida Reacto 7000?

Postby enduro2 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:52 pm

Hi all,

Going to pick up my Merida Reacto 7000-E in the next couple of weeks, a bit of a step from my past two bikes. My current Merida Alloy CX I've had for about 4 years and the alloy roadie for (yes) about 25years. I had to lay the old one out to rest as that size tyres couldn't be purchased anymore.

Anyway, looking for experiences with the 7000's. If you have one please let me know.

enduro2

Re: Anyone got a Merida Reacto 7000?

Postby enduro2 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:16 pm

Doesn't look like anyone on the Forum has a Reacto. Here's my first experiences.

Took the Reacto 7000-E out for it's first ride today. I didn't find it as stiff as reviews had given for the bike in past years. I did just short of 50km today, would have done more except I ran out of road ...

I wasn't in the best of form on this mornings ride as I had a bit of a late one last night. Today was windier than a normal ride for me, with a 20km/h cross wind the whole time. I still managed to up my avg speed by ~5km/h and on the flats I was getting nearly 10km/h faster. My top speed was 12km/h faster too. The bike and gearing feel excellent though will need a little tweek in the gear calibration.

Steering can be a bit twitchy at times, but that will come to ease as the rider gets comfortable with the bike.

The other thing I found was no matter how tight the seat post is, it creeps down through the ride. Over the 50km I needed to stop 4x for adjustments. Maybe clearing the lube off it will fix that up.