Dragonfly Bikepacking setup: transverse saddlebag + qr cargo cages

wood_dweller

Dragonfly Bikepacking setup: transverse saddlebag + qr cargo cages

Postby wood_dweller » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:14 am

Hi, I wanted to share with you some information about my DIY bikepacking bags ;)

At first I needed a smaller bag which would replace my pannier during one day trips. I have a rack mounted in my vintage Gazelle Randonneur Trophy all the time – in this case I see transverse saddlebag as superior over saddlebag in classical shape.

I thought about buying Carriadice bag, but they use cotton duck which is to heavy for my taste :| My cycling setup would gain weight instead of loosing it, because pannier in same size is lighter.

I decided to make my own bag of Cordura which saved 400 grams without sacrificing functionality. Finally I also added few useful features as additional bottom strap with buckle (yes, I am using buckles wherever it's possible), which makes attaching my bag to rack very fast and makes luggage more stable. I added a handle, now there is a way to catch the bag in less than a second – no need to attach shoulder strap every time...

I also made a QR mount which works with all my saddles. It has adjustable mounting width and added some “distance” (some saddles have their rails hidden you need some kind of a spacer).

As I made my new MTB bike with dirt drop I thought about getting some cages for front fork. The problem is when you have suspension front fork /or you don't want to carry them all the time (and make our bike heavier ~400 grams forever ;((( ). For these reasons I designed my QR polycarbonate cage, which can work with suspension front forks or forks with eyelets.

HERE you can see my stuff in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bljg1glyzg

Feel free to share your thoughts about it and ask any questions. :idea:

I am planning to start a crowdfunding campaign with saddlebags in two sizes and the cargo cage and if you like my bag you'll be able to get it.

wood_dweller

Re: Dragonfly Bikepacking setup: transverse saddlebag + qr cargo cages

Postby wood_dweller » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:53 pm

UPDATE! Sorry for not post anything for a longer time. I was really busy preparing for a

INDIEGOGO presale which starts next week!

I also made some improvements in my QR Cargo Cages. I am posting few more images

Large Saddlebag (about 22 liters / 500 g) with extended lid

Medium Saddlebag (about 12 liters / 300 g)

Quick Release Cargo Cage (each bag 7 liters)

(it comes in two options)

Quick Release saddlebag Mount

If you haven't seen the video yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bljg1glyzg
Last edited by wood_dweller on Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

}SkOrPn--7

Postby }SkOrPn--7 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:33 am

Wow WD nice job and very professional nothing like doing it yourself and to your own requirements.

Ricky

wood_dweller

Postby wood_dweller » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:56 pm

Finally started! :) If you want to learn more about bag you can visit Indiegogo webpage by

clicking link below.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/drag ... 16904174#/

I would be also glad if you could help bringing project alive by sharing it with your friends or

contributing campaign. Thanks for any support! :)

}SkOrPn--7 wrote:Wow WD nice job and very professional nothing like doing it yourself and to your own requirements.

Ricky
Thanks Ricky ;)