Vivente Subforum (keep or remove)

What should happen with the Vivente Subforum

Poll ended at Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:57 pm

Close the Vivente Subforum and move all posts into Touringe Bikes and Equipment
74%
Retain the Vivente subforum as it (change is bad)
11%
Free bikes for everyone
16%

Total votes: 19
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Vivente Subforum (keep or remove)

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:57 pm

This is an admin question on organising posts regarding the popular Australian tour bike brand Vivente.

In 2013 there were requests for a Vivente specific subforum which was created here. Following this, there was also outrage... and it an all out war because Viventi was already a part of the touring section.

Except for the exaggeration, this has been in mind and currently the subforum is being cut back a little and removing brands that have little discussion activity... and it is also a good point in time to look at the viventi subforum and see if it should continue as is or if all posts should be moved here when they are more relevant.

I have a poll which will go for two weeks - be warned, there is a trick question in there. See if you can spot it. Based on the popular vote I will make any changes as needed. In future - if it makes sense to again change, it is ok to address it again.

Christopher
Cycling is in my BNA

RonK

Re: Vivente Subforum (keep or remove)

Postby RonK » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:37 am

Many, perhaps most people who come to this forum (Touring Bikes and Equipment) seeking advice about touring bikes do not know that Vivente is a brand of touring bike. That was the objection to moving the original discussion.

So the the discussion simply resumed here in this thread Vivente World Randonneur - the best bang for your buck.

It doesn't really matter whether the Vivente subforum goes or stays - nobody much uses it and few know it even exists. People looking for advice about touring bikes are always going to come here.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

Mike Ayling

Postby Mike Ayling » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:43 am

I voted to transfer to the touringe bikes and equipment forum.

Mike
Recreational e bikes - for the sick, lame and lazy!

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:46 pm

Thank you for the votes - the Vivente brand forum has been now closed and posts moved here. If you spot an old post that needs to be renamed - send me a PM with a link to the post and suggestion for the new name.

Christopher
Cycling is in my BNA