Spare Garmin parts?

Jace

Spare Garmin parts?

Postby Jace » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:14 am

Anyone know where I can find a couple of random garmin parts? In particular the wheel magnet and pedal magnet?

Thanks in advance!
http://veloviewer is broken/SigImage.php?a=12 ... ij&z=a.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

m@

Re: Spare Garmin parts?

Postby m@ » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:17 pm

If you PM me an address I can hit you up with a Garmin wheel magnet :)

Rare earth magnet from eBay or JayCar on the end of the pedal spindle is the classy choice for cadence; have to track this down myself. Have been thinking that a tiny cylindrical magnet glued to a spoke might just do the job for the wheel; the Garmin one is a bit Fredly...

I still have to track down a replacement battery cover for speed/cadence sensor - so if anyone knows where to get spares, post away... :mrgreen:
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe

mikgit

Re: Spare Garmin parts?

Postby mikgit » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:49 pm

Indeed, got some of the rare eath magnets for hte pedal spindle off ebay, works great, cheap and looks better as well.
I just bought a spare wheel magnet off one of the online stores, was probably wiggle or c r c (think Igot the spare cadence sensor as well).
Fat Chance Yo Eddy 2.2, Intense Sniper XC Pro, Look 675, Cervelo R3, GT Xizang, GT Zaskar, Yeti ARC, DiamondBack Apex