Totem - Powered by Cell Bikes

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Totem - Powered by Cell Bikes

Postby AUbicycles » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:14 pm

Cell Bike have a range of bikes named Totem and includes kids bikes 12", 16", 20" and Mountain Bikes, City Bikes (Hybrids) and road bikes. The range is priced 'affordably' i.e. The Road and MTB are specced with entry level gear and priced accordingly and the kids bikes appear comparable on spec and pricing with other common brands.

Cell Bikes may be positioning its long term brand of bikes (by the same name) a higher level range while Totem is the affordable range.

Disclosure - Cell Bikes are a long term advertiser on BNA, this post is not an advertisement, rather I am sharing basic information after spotting this new brand.
Cycling is in my BNA

2wheels_mond

Re: Totem - Powered by Cell Bikes

Postby 2wheels_mond » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:35 pm

Indeed, the Tiagra roadie seems incredibly cheap at $749:

http://www.this link is broken/Totem-Rapid-Elite

And while they may be using the Cell name to differentiate somewhat between the lower and higher-end offerings, I doubt there's any difference. Take, for example, the new Cell Lapa offering:

http://www.this link is broken/Cell-Lapa-3-0

Not only does the frame seem to curve in exactly the same spots, the seatpost is of identical design, save the change in logos, as is the unusual handlebar bend, and as far as I can tell, the saddle too. Even the fork curvature near the crown seems the same - it would not surprise me if the two were indeed the same frame, fork and finishing kit, just with slightly nicer wheels/groupset.

petie

Re: Totem - Powered by Cell Bikes

Postby petie » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:18 pm

I've been out of the loop for a while but was interested to see this change on their web store. Has there been a new cell model out recently or does this signal another shift in the brand's direction? Away from competitively priced, well designed and well appointed models?