Cell Bikes

damascato

Re: Cell Bikes

Postby damascato » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:36 am

Are you happy about your Omeo, mate?

Newcastle Dave wrote:
damascato wrote:Hey guys,

I was thinking to get an Omeo 1.0 at the Sydney shop. There is only one thing holding me back: do they do a proper bike fitting there before I leave the shop or I have to work it out myself? This would be a problem, given my inexperience with road bikes... cheers!
When I bought my Omeo back last December, although they didnt do what I would call a full bike fit (they didnt get it up on a trainer), they did adjust teh seat height/position on it for me, send me for a ride around the block, adjust the seat further another trip around the block.

Bear in mind this was the Saturday before Christmas, so they were a bit hectic.

damascato

Postby damascato » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:36 am

Newcastle Dave wrote:

I was thinking to get an Omeo 1.0 at the Sydney shop. There is only one thing holding me back: do they do a proper bike fitting there before I leave the shop or I have to work it out myself? This would be a problem, given my inexperience with road bikes... cheers!
When I bought my Omeo back last December, although they didnt do what I would call a full bike fit (they didnt get it up on a trainer), they did adjust teh seat height/position on it for me, send me for a ride around the block, adjust the seat further another trip around the block.

Bear in mind this was the Saturday before Christmas, so they were a bit hectic.

damascato

Postby damascato » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:03 am

Thanks mate. Are you happy about your Omeo?

Newcastle Dave

Postby Newcastle Dave » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:14 pm

damascato wrote:Thanks mate. Are you happy about your Omeo?
Very happy. There is no way I could have afforded a "name" brand bike of similar spec's (Aero Carbon and DI2). Do I really need either ? - nope, but I love it.I also think it looks great and had a few people comment favourably on the recent Hunter Classic ride (and not all of them were overtaking me at the time)

I recenltly bought cyclocross bike, and was considering the Cell Brunswick. The only reason I didnt was just the hassle of going to Sydney to get the bike and returning in the unlikely event of having any hassles/warranty issues. If I lived in Sydney or Melbourne I would almost certainly have gone for the Cell.

minhyy

Postby minhyy » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:18 am

Caught the new video showcasing the Brunswick in the cell warehouse, great videography and skills, the bike looks a lot of fun :wink:

What is cell's affiliation with attaquer, as per the kit featured in the video?
VillaVelo, by the Vuong brothers

Blog: https://villaveloframes.wordpress.com/
FB & IG: @villaveloframes

applio

Postby applio » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:59 am

Go there during weekday, or when their staff is not too busy, when I pick up my omeo, I spent almost 4 hrs inside the shop, I test ride two size of that model few time each size, because my high is in between, and after I chosen the size and they put me up on a trainer for almost 20min for fine tune adjustment, so yes they do provide proper bike fit as long as their staff is not busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:13 pm

minhyy wrote:What is cell's affiliation with attaquer, as per the kit featured in the video?
Hi minhyy,

Our in-house bike designer, Dave Musgrove knows the attaquer gents and wears their gear. The cycling industry in Oz is a small and tight group and we do our best to support one another.

Thanks for your thoughts on the video. That day was a blast!

-website mgr Mark
What do you think about our Sydney Bike Shop? Let me know! Help us improve!
http://www.this link is broken/contact-us

Newcastle Dave

Postby Newcastle Dave » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:51 pm

CELL Bikes wrote:
minhyy wrote:What is cell's affiliation with attaquer, as per the kit featured in the video?
Hi minhyy,

Our in-house bike designer, Dave Musgrove knows the attaquer gents and wears their gear. The cycling industry in Oz is a small and tight group and we do our best to support one another.

Thanks for your thoughts on the video. That day was a blast!

-website mgr Mark
I still want to see the out-takes - I cant believe there werent a couple of stacks and slides into the racks during filming :D

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:42 pm

Newcastle Dave wrote:I still want to see the out-takes - I cant believe there werent a couple of stacks and slides into the racks during filming :D
We just don't want to incriminate ourselves with OH&S, haha.

-website manager Mark

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:20 pm

Just saw the video on facebook, seriously cool, and makes me desperate for a Brunswick!
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:13 pm

ldrcycles wrote:Just saw the video on facebook, seriously cool, and makes me desperate for a Brunswick!
Thanks for the feedback! Please note the riders are professionals and those stunts should not be done at home, in a warehouse, on the road, or anywhere else, haha.

Hopefully we'll have a giveaway during Holiday time! I'll see if we can do something with BNA, as this forum and you guys are a great bunch!

-website mgr Mark

Sven Nijs

Postby Sven Nijs » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:31 pm

CELL Bikes wrote:Thanks for the feedback! Please note the riders are professionals and those stunts should not be done at home, in a warehouse, on the road, or anywhere else, haha.
Yeah, save it for the CX races :lol:
Hopefully we'll have a giveaway during Holiday time! I'll see if we can do something with BNA, as this forum and you guys are a great bunch! - website mgr Mark
Just in time for CX season.... :P
It's a bit warmer here than Scotland isn't it!

wgc138

Postby wgc138 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:16 pm

So when will the omeo refresh come in?

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:45 pm

wgc138 wrote:So when will the omeo refresh come in?
Hi wgc138,

What are you looking for in regards to what the Omeo has or doesn't have.

There are 3 versions (Omeo 1.0, 1.5, 2.0) which run the gamut of specs & options for the price range.
Omeo 1.0: Complete Shimano Ultegra 11 Speed groupset, FSA Team Issue and SL-K components, Mavic Aksium S wheelset with 25mm Mavic Aksion tyres
Omeo 1.5: Complete SRAM Force 22 speed groupset, Zipp Service Course SL handlebar and stem, Zipp 30 aerodynamic wheelset with Vittoria Zaffiro Pro Slick 25mm tyres
Omeo 2.0: Electronic shifting with a complete Shimano Ultegra 11 Speed Di2 groupset, FSA SL-K stem and full carbon handlebar, Mavic Ksyrium Equipe wheelset with 25mm Mavic Yksion Comp tyres

Let me know what you think of the price and performance fit-out of our current models and your ideas for a refresh.

Have a great weekend everyone!
-website mgr Mark

wgc138

Postby wgc138 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:04 pm

Just PM'd you mate. Omeo's are great, don't take my post the wrong way. With all products being refreshed with 2015 models on most makes and modes, I thought its a fair question to ask.

2wheels_mond

Postby 2wheels_mond » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:19 pm

wgc138 wrote:Just PM'd you mate. Omeo's are great, don't take my post the wrong way. With all products being refreshed with 2015 models on most makes and modes, I thought its a fair question to ask.
I think his point is that none of the models have new components requiring a new model - the new Mavic rim wheels aren't much different, Ultegra 6800 is still new and probably will be for a couple years yet, same for Force 22 and the Zipp 30s, and same for Ultegra 6870.

If I was to offer my opinion it would be to drop the notion of years from bike models completely, but I think it'll take the whole industry moving that way first.

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:28 pm

2wheels_mond wrote:If I was to offer my opinion it would be to drop the notion of years from bike models completely
2wheels_mond, yes! We are doing 'version' rather than 'year'.

Having versions of a bike, allows us to update when we want, without being hampered by what year it is.

For example, we had the Akuna 1.0, and the 1.1 followed suit.

With versions, we can show updates accordingly.

-website mgr Mark

Newcastle Dave

Postby Newcastle Dave » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:02 pm

CELL Bikes wrote:
wgc138 wrote:So when will the omeo refresh come in?
Hi wgc138,

What are you looking for in regards to what the Omeo has or doesn't have.

There are 3 versions (Omeo 1.0, 1.5, 2.0) which run the gamut of specs & options for the price range.
Omeo 1.0: Complete Shimano Ultegra 11 Speed groupset, FSA Team Issue and SL-K components, Mavic Aksium S wheelset with 25mm Mavic Aksion tyres
Omeo 1.5: Complete SRAM Force 22 speed groupset, Zipp Service Course SL handlebar and stem, Zipp 30 aerodynamic wheelset with Vittoria Zaffiro Pro Slick 25mm tyres
Omeo 2.0: Electronic shifting with a complete Shimano Ultegra 11 Speed Di2 groupset, FSA SL-K stem and full carbon handlebar, Mavic Ksyrium Equipe wheelset with 25mm Mavic Yksion Comp tyres

Let me know what you think of the price and performance fit-out of our current models and your ideas for a refresh.

Have a great weekend everyone!
-website mgr Mark
Can you make it blacker ? :D

wgc138

Postby wgc138 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:54 pm

Wheel upgrades?

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:33 am

Behold the Fatkuna. Brooks saddle, because the standard one didn't agree with my butt. 32mm Vittoria Randonneurs, though I had to swap the front wheel for a narrower rimmed one to get clearance. There's a bee's thingy gap there, but it rolls smoothly. Starting to look a bit like a Brunswick. Click'R pedals. Very solid fast commuter.

p75213

Postby p75213 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:21 pm

bigfriendlyvegan wrote:Behold the Fatkuna. Brooks saddle, because the standard one didn't agree with my butt. 32mm Vittoria Randonneurs, though I had to swap the front wheel for a narrower rimmed one to get clearance. There's a bee's thingy gap there, but it rolls smoothly. Starting to look a bit like a Brunswick. Click'R pedals. Very solid fast commuter.

Why the shift to 32mm tyres? What was the problem with the 25mm tyres the bike came with? Isn't that a bit like fitting a square peg in a round hole? I think if I was going to do that I would just buy a bike that readily accepted 32mm tyres. Personally I wont buy a bike for commuting unless It will take mudguards. I'm not keen on getting sprayed up the back and legs.

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:47 pm

Good question. I got a flat in the back with the standard tyres. They're actually better than I expected for standard tyres, but they couldn't handle this particular sharp rock that I saw too late to avoid completely. So I whipped the tyre off to change the tube and, just for giggles, put the 32 on it and it fit the rear gap. I'm used to commuting on 32s and 35s (see this article) with good puncture protection, so I decided to see if it fit on the front as well. They didn't, but almost did. I swapped the wheels and it all worked.

I agree, sort of, about the mudguards. I rode with them for ages and have them on my touring bike, but I often ride to meet up with the wife and kids somewhere and then throw the bike in the back of the car. I can't do that with permanent mudguards, so I ditched them on my commuter. For the number of days I ride in the fine weather compared to the number of days I ride in the wet, I can do without them. Punctures on the other hand I can do without. I need my bike to get to work and between campuses, so reliability is important, hence the tough tyres.

I plan to do some crits on the Akuna, so I have a set of wheels with 25s on them just waiting to go at a moments notice.

The purpose of sharing the pic is to show that it can be done, not necessarily that it should be done. Thanks for asking.

rodneycc

Postby rodneycc » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:18 am

Hi BFV, brooks on road bikes just look big and weird to me. I have a brooks on one of my roadies and I kind of cringe everytime I look at it... comfy though.
2013 BMC TM SLR01;2013/14 Bianchi Inf CV
2013 Lynskey Helix;2013 XACD Ti Di2
2013 Giant TCR Adv SL1;2014 Giant Defy Adv SL

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:57 am

rodneycc wrote:Hi BFV, brooks on road bikes just look big and weird to me. I have a brooks on one of my roadies and I kind of cringe everytime I look at it... comfy though.
I've just put a cambium on the Akuna. Very sleek lines, wrong colour for it, though. I'll transfer it to one of my retro bikes and get a black one. So far it's more comfortable that the leather Brooks.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:30 pm

rodneycc wrote:Hi BFV, brooks on road bikes just look big and weird to me. I have a brooks on one of my roadies and I kind of cringe everytime I look at it... comfy though.
That's what the Swallow is for :wink:
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011