www.bicyclesonline.com.au

Top_Bhoy

www.bicyclesonline.com.au

Postby Top_Bhoy » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:31 pm

Has anyone actually purchased from http://www.bicyclesonline.com.au.

A search reveals people linking to the site but no-one appears to have actually purchased anything. Any comments or feedback will be welcomed before I order a RX31 disc brake wheelset for my commuter.

Calvin27

Re: www.bicyclesonline.com.au

Postby Calvin27 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:39 pm

Safe website (i.e. not a scam). Basically anyone in Aus with a polygon will have bought from there.
Heavy road bike
Cushy dirt bike
Very cushy dirt bike
Bike crushed by car (RIP)
No brakes bike
Ebike

Zippy7

Postby Zippy7 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:51 pm

I bought a couple of accessories (not a bike) from them last year.
I remember that delivery was slow (a month?) and I think it was sent from overseas, not local.
A guy in our group has a Polygon bike (a black carbon disc bike, not sure the model).
He seemed happy enough with it when asked.
Successful trades : Rheicel, Je, wgc138, 2ndeffort, celeste boy, rodneycc

NewStew

Postby NewStew » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:03 am

Bought a Polygon bike from them and it arrived quickly and in good condition. Was missing a grub screw for one of the front mudguard mounts and when I emailed them they promptly sent me a replacement at no cost. You shouldnt have any issues with them.

celeste boy

Postby celeste boy » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:07 pm

After one of my friends purchased a Polygon 29er, three more riders have followed and retired their old hybrids. All rave about how good they are. They all purchased the alloy model (about $1700) and are impressed with the high end group sets and specifications.

CB

Top_Bhoy

Postby Top_Bhoy » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:27 pm

Thanks, good to hear that people have actual experience using them and I can order with confidence.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:13 pm

their showroom is about a 10 minute ride from where I live. Can confirm they are a legitimate business.

A mate bought his first 29er from there, he was quite happy with it as a first bike but went from a HT 29er to a 140mm travel Giant Trance 27.5" as it suited his intended riding style better (ex dirt bike rider).

If you're not a brand snob they are outstanding value for money and their dual suspension designs are very functional.

Does that help?

Top_Bhoy

Postby Top_Bhoy » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:15 pm

I'm only looking at the Shimano RX31 disc wheels....they're very competitive with what I've seen online anywhere else. No big issue if they are a bit slow on delivery, it will give me an Australian warranty and if I have to return them, won't cost an arm and a leg.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:20 am

Can also confirm - they are primarily centered around the Polygon brand - a value-for-money brand and have good conditions for bike buyers such as a test period and money back, no questions asked.

The are online and have the retail store near Manly in Sydney - many online stores do most of their business through parts and accessories and bicycles online may be moving towards offering a broader product range.
Cycling is in my BNA