It's all your fault (almost)

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:02 am

Oh.

What frame size is it and what height are you ?

I am currently looking at a Diamondback Interval Pro witha 52cm frame, and I'm 6' 1/2", so hence the seat post question.

Looks purty tho'

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:57 am

europa wrote:I hate to tell you this, but the shed door isn't 'cream' coloured. Sorry, your photos don't count :D

Funny, it looks just like my son's OCR2 :roll: Hope you have as much fun on her as he has on his :D

Richard
Giant use the same frames on serveral models, so they often look similar

Have a nice day
training log
ImageImageImage
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

LuckyPierre

Postby LuckyPierre » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:38 pm

sogood wrote:
Mulger bill wrote:I've actually thought of flipping the stem for a bit more height :P
You are now a roadie. Doing the reverse flip is a sacrilege! :wink:
Go ahead and do it, especially if you transfer one of the spacers to above the stem. I rode the girlie bike with the stem 'up' for a fair while (my back still hated me) and finally changed it over Christmas (my back seemed to like it).
To my mind, the seat doesn't seem too high - it isn't that much higher than the bars (the 'big aero boys' tend to have a more significant drop from seat to bars)

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:15 pm

sogood wrote:......Seriously, putting one spacer above (even just a 5mm one) is desirable as it prevents the stem from clamping the end of the steerer as well as provides maximal clamp contact. It all makes perfect mechanical sense. This issue has been said to be particularly relevant to CF steerers. IIRC, Trek or Giant has a specific recommendation on this.
Had a fair look around, the only thing I could find was
this item from Velonews. Is that what you're thing of?

I'd like to get down and aero with the quick boys but I'd need the physio on speed dial :P Think it'll take a while to get the best possible setup from the bars. Peters idea sounds like the best early compromise, I'll start from there.

No ride today, Bloodbank. Always take a day off :oops:

Shaun