On Wiggle - The Focus Cayo Expert and Focus Cayo Pro

HAKS

Re: On Wiggle - The Focus Cayo Expert and Focus Cayo Pro

Postby HAKS » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:14 pm

Got some pricing from the AU distributor for the 2 Ultegra 6700 equipped machines

2010 Cayo Expert Ultegra - $4299 AU

2010 Izalco Expert Ultegra - $5499 AU

:shock: although not exactly surprised.
Current Ride: Trek Madone 6.5 (2013)

Rockford

Postby Rockford » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:25 pm

The Focus 105 for $1550 on Wiggle, I'm seriously thinking about finding someone who wants the groupset/wheels etc and I get the frame. I reckon it would be $2000 landed. Then we'd just have to work out the split.
http://www.this link is broken/p/cycle/7/Focus ... 360037591/

Will

Postby Will » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:50 pm

Rockford wrote:The Focus 105 for $1550 on Wiggle, I'm seriously thinking about finding someone who wants the groupset/wheels etc and I get the frame. I reckon it would be $2000 landed. Then we'd just have to work out the split.
http://www.this link is broken/p/cycle/7/Focus ... 360037591/
Would be easily less than $2000 landed. Would be around $1860 which is aprox the $1550 + 100 postage + $165 GST + $50 processing fee in Aust.

Got my bike today very happy!

Will

Postby Will » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:52 pm

HAKS wrote:Got some pricing from the AU distributor for the 2 Ultegra 6700 equipped machines

crazy, I would expect the distributor to negotiate exclusivity in Aust because of that pricing (otherwise everyone would just check the bike out and then buy from wiggle), meaning Wiggle may not ship the Focus bikes to Australia much longer.

Supe

Postby Supe » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:15 am

Will wrote:
HAKS wrote:Got some pricing from the AU distributor for the 2 Ultegra 6700 equipped machines

crazy, I would expect the distributor to negotiate exclusivity in Aust because of that pricing (otherwise everyone would just check the bike out and then buy from wiggle), meaning Wiggle may not ship the Focus bikes to Australia much longer.
Yup. This is not good news for people who want to buy Focus. haha. Classic disti. I wonder if they are deluding themselves in thinking they are a good for the discerning buyer of Focus bikes...

Edit. I spotted this link to Canyon on Competitivecyclist and the Canyon direct selling model. Not quite the case with Wiggle (obviously) but you can see the greedy and opportunistic (hey even a used car salesperson has to eat) lining of pocket which adds to unwanted mark up.

http://www.canyon.com/_en/about_us/directsales.html

thommo09

Postby thommo09 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:11 am

Hey Will,

would you mind giving me a run down of exactly what you had to do and the associated costs to get your bike? I know there's only GST payable on complete bikes but wht else is involveD? As I said earlier I'm seriously considering ordering a Cayo from Wiggle (better hurry up and decide by the sounds of it :lol: ) and would be interested in exactly what the process is, especially once it has laded in Australia.

Cheers

Will

Postby Will » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:31 am

Hi Thommo

Sure, well it is pretty easy up until it gets to Australia. You order on wiggle and they send it off and it then lands in Australia. Once it is in Aus, customs will check it out (time depends on how many other things there are, which coming up to Xmas it is getting busy). They will see you are meant to pay fees on the bike, so will send you forms in the mail saying they have held the item.

Once you have got that letter, you can print off the needed forms to fill out off the customs website. You need to fill out an N10 (import declaration), two 'Registering as a client in the Integrated Cargo System' forms, because you do one for yourself and fill the other out with wiggle's details, though with your contact details.Then you need to photocopy your drivers licence and passport (makes 100 points of ID). Once you have all that, also add in the invoice that they will send you from wiggle. Those documents all need to be sent in either by email, fax or mail. I would suggest email or taking it into a customs branch which will be the quickest ways (I took it into a branch).

Once that is completed they will process it and then email you saying you need to pay GST and a processing fee (I think it was about $48). You pay that with credit card in the form in the email or go into a branch and pay. They then inform Australia Post within about 1-2 business days to release the bike and you will get it 1 or 2 business days after that.

If you do decide to order the bike, let me know and I will dig out the Customs Tariff Classification no. for a complete bicycle and also the Tariff concession number that is needed to skip duty. If you don't actually get this number they will try and charge duty as well.

Hope that helps

thommo09

Postby thommo09 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:46 am

Thanks for that Will, much appreciated. Also, what's the bike like? I was keen on the Cayo 105 but it looks like they've sold out of my size so would be looking at going up to the Ultegra model (still excellent value!), you went for the Expert right? Whats it like? :D

Will

Postby Will » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:57 am

Yep got the Expert with SRAM, its really nice! I have only done up and down the street to test that gears were working etc. It is not set up for me properly yet so going to get a bike fit done tomorrow night for $55, then it will be perfect! I was eyeing the Ultegra as well, amazing value and a sweet looking bike. Let me know how you go

eddable

Postby eddable » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:08 am

appears as though Wiggle is no longer selling the Focus range to Australia as there is now a distributor here...

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:20 pm

eddable wrote:appears as though Wiggle is no longer selling the Focus range to Australia as there is now a distributor here...
Hi

There is a lengthy thread on this aspect here. Lets please not split the discussion.

Regards
Andrew

Ross

Postby Ross » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:42 pm

Important to get the right details on the customs forms as Will says. I've bought two seperate pairs of wheels from PBK and the first time I was charged duty and the second I wasn't. They (customs) don't seem to know their own rules and regulations. :roll:

Are the numbers you use for duty exemption on a complete bike the same as the wheels (Tarriff Classification 87149200 and the Stat Code 07)?

stated

Postby stated » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:41 pm

The one Ross has seems to be for Wheel rims and spokes
I can see for bikes is 8712.00.00 but it mentions 13% next to it, is this the number needed?